Parasite eggs in neocaridina Gills?

E Blue

I’ve had a couple blue dreams “color down”. Don’t know if it has anything to do with what’s in the picture but it made them easier to see. What could it be? What should I do about it. Is the whole tank affected now.

AC7BAAC1-A4DE-4007-8814-BC3BC9A35FD3.jpeg

Its very difficult to see. Are you  referring to those white dots?

Yes the white dots. Either scutariella japonica eggs, or Fluke? I salt dipped a few shrimp for scutariella a couple weeks ago, and removed 3 molts. The tank is planted and I may have missed a molt or two. The dots are under the shell, and I can see similar dots on another that has colored down. Others may also have it but because they are still Blue Dream color I can’t see through the shell.

• Like 1

It's difficult to ID from that photo. But if you believe it is a parasite, any parasitic medication should get rid of it.

And you can treat the whole tank too at half dose for  2 week duration.

• Like 1

The plan is, since my colony is small (12) I have caught them and put them in a small quarantine tank with airstone. Here I can plainly SEE ? parasites on the shrimp as eggs hatch and also molts for immediate removal.
Meanwhile this gives me a window to reboot my tank, lay down a better substrate, and make sure it’s cycled for hopefully healthy shrimp to return. No chemicals! Which most agree would have no effect on the eggs under their gill plates anyway. Wish me and the twelve, luck.

31305DB4-5BCB-42E7-BC40-D9EB666922B2.jpeg

DEB9CC97-8510-40B5-B876-AAF442D08759.jpeg

• Like 2