Blue eggs RCS

Lovlea

Hi new shrimp owner here. I’ve read and done lot of research. I’ve had them for only a short time before the 3 females I have became berried all at once. One is an orange and she has a full batch of yellow eggs. I have a clear, with red saddle and tail and a little yellow. She has a small 4 eggs batch (assuming because she’s new to the tank or a new mom) and then this beauty (as seen pictured. When I read about egg color they are yellow or green. Can someone tell me about these blue eggs? The male is all black. 

51DAE0CC-A2C3-4102-ACDF-80E062811383.jpeg

C4EDEA0D-0D7E-493C-A117-807DA3012290.jpeg

Edited by Lovlea
  • Like 1

The eggs usually start yellow (rarely sometimes green for certain types) as that is the yolk and as the shrimp developes it eats the yolk and the egg then usually go a greyish colour, usually cherry  shrimp are born clear and colour up in a few days! So the grey eggs are further developed than the yellow generally but as yours is a yellow shrimp with yellow  eggs it will be more difficult to tell, but I would still expect those eggs not to be yellow nearer the time to hatch!

With such a variety of colour shrimp, if they are all kept together, you are likely to get brown/clear shrimp (reverting to wild) maybe even from the first generation of babies if they cross breed?

Simon

I appreciate that, however she just became berried the same time as the others. I just got them about a month ago. I was told they were all female. The one male I was told was just a juvenile female. Now that I know more about them I understand why they were wrong. The orange was the first then the red then the red and clear last. Do you have any pictures of berried female that have blue eggs ready to hatch? I watch them frequently and never seen eggs on her any other color. Is why I ask. Plus I wasn’t looking to breed but now that they are I don’t care the color. I like all of them no matter the color. 

• Like 2

I think you will just have to wait and see, there isn't much you can do at this stage!

All the eggs I have seen through the years with taiwan bee and neocaridina have started yellow and then gone grey of various shades! The eggs in the photo look pretty normal to me and maybe she is a bit further along thn the others and you just didn't realise/see? It would be a bit weird if they were all that in sync.

Simon