Breeders Who Ship to the US

Chels

Update: 

Just in case anyone else is looking, here are other breeders who ship in/to the US that I found:

Europe

Shrimp Corner - Manchester, UK (but they do ship to the US)

Canada

Tim's Shrimpery & Aquatics - BC, Canada (but they do ship to the US)

USA

Northeast

So Shrimp - NY

Southeast

Terry's Shrimp Shop - FL

Midwest

Flip Aquatics - OH

Planet Inverts - OH

Elite Inverts - OH

Aquatic Arts - IN

LR Bretz Aquatics - IN

The Shrimp Farm - IL

Tails & Snails Aquatics - IL

Lucky Aquatics - MI

Joe's Shrimp Shack - MN

Southwest

DanQuatics - UT

AZ Gardens - AZ

West Coast

Aqua Huna - WA (but doesn't ship to WA/allow pickup)

Shrimpy Business - WA

Shrimp Envy - OR

The Grove Aquatics - CA

Coastal Gems USA - CA

Blue Crown Aquatic - CA

Joe's Aquarium - CA

BuyPetShrimp.com - CA

Billy Boi Aquatics - CA

Nolan's Aquarium - CA

Original Post:

Is there a thread on reviews/recommendations for breeders who ship to the US? I tried searching the forum but there are so many topics on breeding I couldn't find what I was looking for.

I used a local pet store in Huntington Beach, CA for the 15 neos I have & they're awesome, but I already have every variation they do (cherry, yellow, blue rilli.. rili?). Looking for both neos & caridina. I've seen some horror stories about less than quality/helpful breeders on Facebook and I'd like to avoid a negative experience. 

Edited by Chels
  • Like 1

I've got no personal experience with them, but I've heard great things about Flip Aquatics. Also Aquatic Arts has some of the more quirky types of caridinas.

Edited by Crabby
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is also Aquahun.com, based in washington state. Flip aquatics is Ohio based and Aquatic Arts is Indiana based.

With everything messed up at the moment all over the globe it is probably more risky than it was normally through the post! Have you asked the local store whether they can source other colours for you depending on where they get theirs?

Caradina shrimp are a whole different level compared with cherry so do lots of reading on here before embarking on those!

Simon

• Thanks 1

Thank you Crabby & Simon!! I'm not able to like posts for the rest of the day, but I definitely will +1 both of your replies when I can. I greatly appreciate the recommendations.

I won't be making any purchases to ship anything live until about a month from now. We're still getting into the 40s F at night here in the mountains.

I've been reading up on Caridina tanks and they're much higher maintenance, but I think definitely worth it. Buffering substrate, much more specific parameters, additional nutrients & specialized foods. I'm starting to build up an inventory now for adding more tanks and when I'm brave enough to get into caridina. 

I'm hoping to purchase from multiple home breeders to get enough genetic diversity so I'm hoping to get a multitude of recommendations. ????

Edit: Another breeder I saw recommended from a post back in May is L.R.Bretz Aquatics.

Edited by Chels
  • Like 1

I have heard and seen L Bretz videos but I didn't think he was USA based so didn't mention him. His website doesn't say where he is based from my brief look but if he is USA, he is well known in the hobby!

The caridina are definitely worth the extra work IF you can get it to work??? They may need some form of cooler in the summer where you live unless you run air-con a lot. My cherry shrimp are ok to about 85 (tanks haven't gone above that ever here) or possibly higher, but when I had caridina 79 was when it started to get tricky?

Simon

• Thanks 1

Thank you Simon!! L Bretz does ship to the lower USA so that's exciting. He has a ton of neos! I may add another blue velvet or 2. Aquahun's website is currently down so I wasn't able to check them out. Hope they're doing ok. (Edit: Aqua Huna, not Aquahun. Their website is working.) Flip Aquatics by far has the best caridina selection. 

We definitely keep the AC running, and always keep it about 68-70 room temp so that shouldn't be a problem. Right now here in the mountains it's in the 30s or less (we may get snow this week) but I haven't had to use the heater I bought. It's just an expensive algae collector at this point. 

Just in case anyone else is looking, here are other breeders who ship in/to the US that I found:

Europe

Shrimp Corner - Manchester, UK (but they do ship to the US)

Canada

Tim's Shrimpery & Aquatics - BC, Canada (but they do ship to the US)

USA

Northeast

So Shrimp - NY

Southeast

Terry's Shrimp Shop - FL

Midwest

Flip Aquatics - OH

Planet Inverts - OH

Elite Inverts - OH

Aquatic Arts - IN

LR Bretz Aquatics - IN

The Shrimp Farm - IL

Tails & Snails Aquatics - IL

Lucky Aquatics - MI

Joe's Shrimp Shack - MN

Southwest

DanQuatics - UT

AZ Gardens - AZ

West Coast

Aqua Huna - WA (but doesn't ship to WA/allow pickup)

Shrimpy Business - WA

Shrimp Envy - OR

The Grove Aquatics - CA

Coastal Gems USA - CA

Blue Crown Aquatic - CA

Joe's Aquarium - CA

BuyPetShrimp.com - CA

Billy Boi Aquatics - CA

Nolan's Aquarium - CA

The Shrimp Rack - CA

Edited by Chels
  • Like 1

• sdlTBfanUK pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2021 at 8:02 AM, Chels said:

Thank you Crabby & Simon!! I'm not able to like posts for the rest of the day, but I definitely will +1 both of your replies when I can. I greatly appreciate the recommendations.

I won't be making any purchases to ship anything live until about a month from now. We're still getting into the 40s F at night here in the mountains.

I've been reading up on Caridina tanks and they're much higher maintenance, but I think definitely worth it. Buffering substrate, much more specific parameters, additional nutrients & specialized foods. I'm starting to build up an inventory now for adding more tanks and when I'm brave enough to get into caridina. 

I'm hoping to purchase from multiple home breeders to get enough genetic diversity so I'm hoping to get a multitude of recommendations. ????

Edit: Another breeder I saw recommended from a post back in May is L.R.Bretz Aquatics.

L R BRETZ is a great source of quality Neos. They're also based in Indiana

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1