What freshwater fish can I use to kill copepods?

Chels

I picked up a school of ember tetras and I’d see them hunting pods all the time. Although I don’t have shrimp babies to see whether or not they eat those

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Makaroni007 said:

ember tetras

Ember Tetras should do the work. They might not be as effective as larger fish, but ember tetras are safer for shrimp. 

The ember tetras will probably target smaller copepods first. So the next generation of copepods will be drastically reduced.

BTW, welcome to SKF Aquatics.

Edited by jayc
  • Like 2

I got them just in time, too. My detritus worms population has exploded, and I see flatworms in my moss ledges. I've watched the rasboras suck worms up like spaghetti. So thrilled with them, and they're so darn cute!!

I wish my embers or neons ate detritus worms! I started vacuuming the substrate to suck them out because they have been free swimming and it’s soo gross!

Ember Tetras should do the work. They might not be as effective as larger fish, but ember tetras are safer for shrimp. 
The ember tetras will probably target smaller copepods first. So the next generation of copepods will be drastically reduced.

BTW, welcome to SKF Aquatics.

Thanks! I was actually sad to see the tetras eating the pods, I like the little buggers lol

• Like 1