Welcome Chels

Chels

Shrimp Keepers Forum welcomes Chels.

Please feel free to browse around and get to know others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

View Member

regards,
skfadmin

Thank you ? I am only a few weeks into this hobby, but I used to breed finches for years. I also hand raised them from hatchlings which is not for the faint of heart. When they grew up and before they were adopted, I would have 5 or 6 finches at a time who were glued to me. I definitely felt like a Disney princess. Considering they are about the size of a dime when they hatch, I will always consider them my biggest accomplishment! I raised hundreds in total, some I am still getting updates on from their adopted families. I was breeding for conformation and color variations. It's an incredibly fun hobby.

I have a 75g turtle tank also, which is actually why I started keeping shrimp - to use wild type culls to provide some live shrimp food. He is a rescue who was neglected by the previous owner. His tank is a little ecosystem of its own, with fish (platys, mollies & guppies although he eats everything but the platys), snails, pleco & tons of plants. 

I have 4 dogs, I used to be heavily involved in dog rescue but these days it's just occasional/as I'm needed. I also network a lot for dogs who are about to be euthanized or who need emergency medical care. That results in me being muted on Facebook often because of their arbitrary limits which change constantly. So I am joining here for when I can't post in the FB groups which is right now of course.

I live in the mountains in Southern California. I work in PR from home atm and have been in this career field for a decade or so. I've lived pretty much all over the country, and my favorite place is the Pacific Northwest. 

• Like 2