• Must Read SKF Articles

• Join Our Community!

Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

• jayc
      Killis are known to eat shrimp. I wouldn't be surprised if it did eat some.  
    • sdlTBfanUK
      Yes it is, I have had him nearly a year now. They seem almost exactly like betta, only one male, curious when anyone goes near the tank and enjoy the same foods etc! It is a shame that you can only keep 1 though as they are extremely pretty and interactive. I don't know whether he ate any shrimps ??? I took some (20ish) of the wild cherry shrimps from my old tank yesterday and put them in with the new betta to test whether he is a shrimp muncher? OMG, when I started digging around in the old tank there must be way over 100 of the wild type now, they are brown and clear so difficult to see.......... Simon
    • jayc
      Lovely killifish. Is that a Nothobranchius rachovii?    
    • sdlTBfanUK
      A few photos of the killie in this tank, he has 11 chilli rasbora keeping him company! I will probably redo this tank and try TB shrimp again when this and most of the rasbora have died off, and hopefull by then everything in the outside word has gotten back to more normal? Simon
    • sdlTBfanUK
      I have posted a photo of my new Betta, see this link, https://skfaquatics.com/forum/forums/topic/14083-betta-water-parameters/page/2/ Phoenix, I have my fingeers crossed that the shrimp work with your Betta (they did also with my prior Betta), it is just important that we make others reading these threads aware that it may not work, probably 50/50. Also, even though it works now, it may change further down the line! Again though, there is no way of knowing, my prior I had for a year and half and he never seemed interested in the shrimp so I hope yours continues to live happily and peacefully together. Maybe you have a new vegan variant, that seems to be increaasing in popularity? Simon