My racks and shrimp collection

alvinchan80

Damn Alvin' date=' every time you post pics the shrimp get better and better. How about "Dark Knight" for the name?[/quote']Thanks bro.. Haha.. I am still trying to improve my Pure Lines.. It's taking a longgggggggg time to wait for them to breed and select....I am still thinking about a nice name... Was thinking of 'Zorro'.. Haha..Hehe.. Nice name bro Gbang... I shall wait and see how it turns out as it gets bigger first.. In case it passes on before adulthood...

love your shrimp alvinchan..

i wish we could have more availabilty of the shrimp you breed here in aus..

i love prl and pbl especially..

beautiful shrimp you have :D

Zorro is a mega cool name!!! Add your name? And call it alzorro?
Thanks.. But it seems that the pattern of my 'weird' shrimp is actually bred by some hobbyist in the world already.. But they don't breed pure' date=' so rarity is still there is believe...
love your shrimp alvinchan..i wish we could have more availabilty of the shrimp you breed here in aus..i love prl and pbl especially..beautiful shrimp you have :D
Thanks for the compliments... I will try to share more photos and also share more set up if possible as most of the details are in my blog..Happy New Year to all fellow hobbyist in SKF and everywhere else in the world...

Here wishing everyone a Happy New Year of 2013!!

May all our wishes come true!! Family and friends in good health!! And lastly, our shrimps grow and do well in the coming years...

e9e7yzed.jpgemyjeta3.jpgety4y4um.jpgsy9uge5a.jpg

Further updates of the weird shrimp I have.. Haha..

ne8yqa4e.jpguqa6a4y6.jpg

Lastly, my blue bolts grazing..

e3uhe6yz.jpg

Happy shrimping

• 2 weeks later...

Can't get to sleep the night before... Went to my shrimp room and feel that it's been awhile since I took photos for my Pure Red Line.. So I went to grab my DSLR and started camping in front of the tank to snap photos.. iPhone always cannot portray the PRLs well due to the white balance.. Haha..

Here are a few photos to share.. Quality not that good and hope that after more selective breeding, I can have even better results... Enjoy..

fc2blog_20130115140617095.jpg

'Nom nom nom' (munching away)

fc2blog_20130115140643c97.jpgfc2blog_20130115140741a33.jpg

Need improve white....

fc2blog_20130115140837bb3.jpg

Don't snatch my food...

fc2blog_20130115140938fec.jpg

One of my favorite...

fc2blog_20130115141046119.jpgfc2blog_20130115141309be6.jpg

'Bye bye'.....

fc2blog_201301151413459cc.jpg

Happy Shrimping~~

Hi Alvin, those last 3 pics of your PRL's took my breath away......fantastic and incredible.....wished we had that quality over here ! :-( Do you have any equivalent PBL's ?

Here you go bro BlueBolt...

These are taken by Mr Gabor Horvath (from Hungary) during this trip here to Singapore and visited me.. Not by me, so you see the difference in photo taking? Hehe

dejeqybe.jpguruvyhyz.jpgvy8u4u3e.jpg

This is a juvenile mid/high grade PBL...

ryna4u8a.jpg

Happy shrimping..

Alvin thank you for sharing pics of your extraordinary shrimps...Hopefully one day we here in Australia can have quality shrimps like Singapore and other Asian countries...Cheers CJ

Alvin thank you for sharing pics of your extraordinary shrimps...Hopefully one day we here in Australia can have quality shrimps like Singapore and other Asian countries...Cheers CJ

Thank you for the nice compliments... I believe there are keepers in OZ who are already in the midst of refining and doing all the improvements to refine these shrimps... I think OZ has some of the nicest shrimps as well which its hard to find elsewhere...

Let all shrimp keepers aim for a better shrimp community and to have more avid hobbyist everywhere... =)

Let all shrimp keepers aim for a better shrimp community and to have more avid hobbyist everywhere... =)

Amen....Alvin those are words of wisdom.

• 2 weeks later...

It has been awhile since these shrimps have been in their new environment.. And now they are BERRIED... Just waiting for their offsprings to be born..

Hoping they will be as pretty as their parents.. Hahaha..

fc2blog_20130131021027139.jpgfc2blog_2013013102103512e.jpgfc2blog_2013013102104516a.jpg

These food has always been their favorite..

Like the results of it turning into powder for the little ones in the tank...

fc2blog_201301310213106f8.jpgfc2blog_2013013102131849b.jpg

Happy Shrimping~~

They are absolutely gorgeous, hopefully one day we'll see quality like them in Australia. Thanks for the pics, and great to get an update on their shrimplets. What food is it ?

They are absolutely gorgeous' date=' hopefully one day we'll see quality like them in Australia. Thanks for the pics, and great to get an update on their shrimplets. What food is it ?[/quote']

Thanks bro Bluebolts... I have a couple of them with red legs to toes... will try to snap them when chance arises... haha...

That food is from LowKeys... They are pellet form but when dropped into the tank, it becomes powder while they are feeding...

Hey mate good to see your update. So I'm guessing all your cycling is done and the tanks are all running as normal?

Do you find there is a bit of waste when the pellets fall apart or do the shrimp manage to find everything?

Hey Alvin, not sure if anyone have asked, I always wonder if that aqua tailor x low key ceramic works? It claims to desolve no2 no3 or something ? They look good in the tank with their brand name on it anyway but would like to know your opinion :)? Like bb said, wish one we will have such beautiful PRL n PBL in aust and its just matter of time I guess.

Hey mate good to see your update. So I'm guessing all your cycling is done and the tanks are all running as normal? Do you find there is a bit of waste when the pellets fall apart or do the shrimp manage to find everything?
Actually i just started the last 4 tanks 2 weeks back... haha.. i missed out updating in SKF... will update in awhile... hehe...I dont really find it a waste actually.. because the shrimps will eventually finish everything... especially if the tank has a lot of them little hungry fellas... haha..
Hey Alvin' date=' not sure if anyone have asked, I always wonder if that aqua tailor x low key ceramic works? It claims to desolve no2 no3 or something ? They look good in the tank with their brand name on it anyway but would like to know your opinion :)? Like bb said, wish one we will have such beautiful PRL n PBL in aust and its just matter of time I guess.[/quote']Honestly, i don't know if it will work.. it is said to absorb ammonia and heavy metals... but to me, its just their photoshoot platfarm...thanks for your compliments.... :)

After a long decision, I have decided not to wait for ADA Amazonia (Powder Soil) as the top overlay for the last 4 partitions..

ADA Amazonia (Powder Soil) seems to be on an islandwide (or even worldwide) shortage as I have asked friends from overseas about their stocks for these soil... The same answer from them that this powder soil seems to be out of stock as well..

So without anymore waiting.. I will just stick to cycling without the powder soil.. This set up will be somewhat different in the initial start up.. I will be just cycling with a liquid bacteria which is used by my buddy 'Vin' in Taiwan..

I have just finished adding water and did the initial planting of all the plants I wanted to place inside.. This time I started planting early is because I want the plants to fully get used to the tank and root themselves.. In a way, the plants will be able to start 'fighting' for nutrient with whatever algae that might appear during the initial 3-4 weeks..

Tanks will not have lights on for the plants for 3-4 days.. It's for them to acclimatize themselves to the tank before they starts their full growth with my 6hrs lighting regime..

Here are all the 4 tank shots:

fc2blog_20130122024142615.jpgfc2blog_20130122024251145.jpgfc2blog_20130122024301ab5.jpgfc2blog_20130122024309e0d.jpg

These tanks are in their 2nd day of cycle.. Water seems very clear even at the 2nd day.. Hope this carries on..

Full rack shot of all the 3 tanks/6 partitions..

fc2blog_20130122024420b5b.jpg

Here are the 2 products which I will be using for those 4 partitions and shall see what is the results.. I am sure the results will be satisfying.. (Let's hope I will not be 'itchy hand' to dose other stuffs to make sure this is a good test in the products.. Haha)

NB bacteria (liquid)

fc2blog_20130122024603108.jpg

NB 'live' water (it's for activation of bacteria and stabilizing the tank of conditions which might cause problems in the near future)

fc2blog_20130122024629ba3.jpg

I will be adding minerals to bring up the GH/TDS as it is cycling...

Will try update these 4 partitions as times goes by.. Stay tuned *again* (Hahahaha)...

Thanks for your continued tank journals.....always a great read !

Everyone should take note of the amount of filtration Alvin has in his tank, 2 x double sponge filters, cannister, and spray bar near the surface for water aggitation....

Great, great work.... What shrimps are going in there ?

Thanks for your continued tank journals.....always a great read !

Everyone should take note of the amount of filtration Alvin has in his tank' date=' 2 x double sponge filters, cannister, and spray bar near the surface for water aggitation....

Great, great work.... What shrimps are going in there ?[/quote']

Thanks bro...

My filtration is still ok.. But I have met more scary people.. Haha..

Mine is EHEIM 2215 x2, sponge filters x2... Rainbar now under water surface as I don't want too much bubbles and noise.. Only surface agitation now is only from the sponge filter's outflow...

These 4 tanks are now in their 3rd week.. Algae boom, shall take photo later today... Commandos shrimps are already in there for a week.. (Did a crazy trial of putting in commandos shrimps after 2 weeks cycle on ADA Amazonia soil.. Haha)

Right now the shrimps that are inside currently as commandos are:

Tank 1 - Pure Red Line

Tank 2 - Pure Black Line

Tank 3 - King Kong

Tank 4 - Blue Bolt

They will be the actual inhabitants of these tanks but putting in those that are culls with quality not to my expectations.. Will be replaced with the better ones after the 4th week cycle..

Inspirational! Thanks for sharing! It gives newbies like me something to work forward towards. Now just need to find a house big enough!!!

Inspirational! Thanks for sharing! It gives newbies like me something to work forward towards. Now just need to find a house big enough!!!

I still believe that sharing and guiding helps more people to learn and be more active in this hobby.. :)

You don't need a big space for a single rack.. Just approximately 180cm (L) x 45cm (W) x 210cm (H), and that's 1 rack.. Haha... Just that maintaining and controlling the temperature is quite a crucial point to take note as well..