My racks and shrimp collection

alvinchan80

Oh my god. i love your shrimp so much.. the colours are awsome..

ive been keeping an eye on this thread but havent said much until now.. but thanx for regularly posting pics and information of your tanks..

I have to agree with Bluebolts about that Bluebolt ..... wow!

Oh my god. i love your shrimp so much.. the colours are awsome.. ive been keeping an eye on this thread but havent said much until now.. but thanx for regularly posting pics and information of your tanks..
thank you so much for your constant support and your current encouragement... you have motivated me to carry on updating and posting... haha... most of my time now I am updating my blog first.. then to forums...so sorry to all in the forum which are getting the updates a little slower...
I have to agree with Bluebolts about that Bluebolt ..... wow!
thanks!!! i like her too and she has 3 siblings which have their blue body similarly deepening like her... I shall wait and see how the 4 'sisters' will turn out to be.. hahaha...

To all shrimp keepers, I believe it's a habit to just sit in front of the tank and keep staring into it with eyes lurking at every corners of the tank looking for shrimplets or some unwanted pests..

This is a habit for me every night.. (And even wife used to say I look at shrimps more then her.. Hahaha..)

I was observing this adult blue bolt with a unique 'smiley' pattern on the head..

fc2blog_20121209120455089.jpg

And all of a sudden, I noticed a tiny shrimplet appearing from its hiding place in the plant... It has a very unique head and body pattern...

fc2blog_20121209120604537.jpgfc2blog_2012120912061325e.jpgfc2blog_201212091206223f2.jpg

It's still too small to confirm on the pattern but it has a very deep black head pattern and the body has a black stripe across its back... Somewhat like a reverse pinto pattern, instead of black body and white stripe, this little baby has white/blue body with black stripe..

Lets just hope that it grows up nicely and see a nice pattern on it..

Anyone has an idea of this pattern? Might be something new (I hope.. haha)

Great find, must have been such a pleasant surprise...the BB patterns tends to change over time, and will be interesting to see how these shrimp lets develop. Anything pinto, and/or resembles a pinto is great ! Please do keep us posted. Thanks

Great find' date=' must have been such a pleasant surprise...the BB patterns tends to change over time, and will be interesting to see how these shrimp lets develop. Anything pinto, and/or resembles a pinto is great ! Please do keep us posted. Thanks[/quote']

yes.. it is really a surprise to me while 'camping' in front of my tank... i dont think it is close to a pinto but i do hope that this pattern will be something different... thanks!! :)

Nice find mate. Looks like it could grow into something pretty special.

thanks bro fishmosy.... i do hope that it will be.. but its one out of so many... now just have to wait for it to grow up before i can selective breed it..

It has been quite some time since I have updated on shrimps photo.. Been busy with work and also last night just clean up the front panel of glass.. So here you go..

Now I shall update my Pure Black Line..

They are growing well..

fc2blog_2012122202010467d.jpg

One of my favorite female mama.. At the back with their F1 batches of shrimps growing big and strong..

fc2blog_2012122202015902f.jpg

Deep intense blue female mama which I am have in my tank.. She has been hiding and she gave birth to quite a number of little shrimplets recently...

Today, she is out for her walk again...

fc2blog_20121222020601db9.jpg

She is doing a little stretching and exercising.. Hahaha

fc2blog_20121222020647ac2.jpg

And last but not least of the blue bolts today will be that weird little pattern shrimplet who have grown up a little bit more...

fc2blog_20121222020738bc2.jpg

Happy shrimping...

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all...

Your shrimp are looking great. Merry christmas to you too mate.
Thank you bro fishmosy...
Looking Good they are some beautiful shrimp
Thank you bro matblack..Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all at SKF!!!!! May all our tanks have population of shrimps explosion in 2013... Haha...

fc2blog_20121224013606534.jpg

My favorite KK.. Extreme (Full black) KK.. Growing up very well and looking good..

There are quite a number of berried females... Just waiting for their due dates now... Hope to see more shrimplets out soon..

fc2blog_20121224013838b90.jpg

2 berried mama shading themselves (hiding actually.. Haha)

fc2blog_201212240139250a3.jpg

This KK mosura is actually in the Blue Bolt partition... At last she is berried.. Lets hope I can see more KK mosura offspring in the coming birth... A long wait of 21-28 days...

fc2blog_201212240142086f9.jpg

Happy Shrimping...

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all.....

Looking amazing Alvin. See beh shiok!!!! :)
Haha... Thanks bro Gbang...
Love the look of the last BB pic....interesting pattern. Great thread !
Thanks bro BB.. I like the pattern too.. Thinking what I should be calling it.. The term 'zorro' has been on my mind.. Hahaha..

What can i say Alvin. All your shrimps are amazing. :encouragement:

Thank you so much for your support and encouragements...

beautiful Alvin, always love looking at your amazing shrimp. so many quality shrimp all in one place, its like a dream come true :)

beautiful Alvin' date=' always love looking at your amazing shrimp. so many quality shrimp all in one place, its like a dream come true :)[/quote']

thank you so much for your compliments.. its really a great honor...

i would so love to have a place like yours though.. haha... space is what i need..

did you see that new body pattern on the blue bolt/king kong which i bred out? any comments on it? maybe give me some idea on the 'name' to give it? hehe... but guess i need to stabilize the pattern first.. i have only 1pc at the moment... =(

Damn Alvin, every time you post pics the shrimp get better and better.

How about "Dark Knight" for the name?

I'm pretty sure I heard the dark knight has already been taken.... In regards to the bb....How about blue lighting!!! Or blue steel lol

Here wishing all had a Happy 2012 and a fantastic upcoming 2013..

y8u6unyg.jpgupe6yzar.jpgvepurysy.jpgeqabe2y5.jpgbyqygu4a.jpg

Happy shrimping...