My racks and shrimp collection

alvinchan80

Now that's an investment! Keep those new rack photos coming :)

that is hurting to my pockets/wallets/bank account..... *sad*

all those boxes just for 3 tanks.........

For 3 tanks? lol.

yes bro loach... for 3 tanks.... 120x45x35cm each with a partition... hahahaha...

Wow! 4 canister filter per tank!? That's some over-filtering. Me like! ;)

actually its 2 canisters per partition.. inline filtration... i just realized that the cost of the medias are going to kill me many many times over as well... darn........ 12 canisters x 4.5L (media volume) = 54L of media usage... OMG!!!! I am going to faint thinking of the medias which I need to be purchasing!!! (kinda regret a little now.. hahaha)

Here is a sneak preview of my arriving rack and tanks... Hahaha..

The tank maker and his delivery men had a hard time putting the stand and tanks in place in my small room.. Kudos to them..

uqene2e5.jpg

Nice rack and tanks :)

Thanks mate...

The rest are just mess... Can only tidy up after tanks are up and running...

Hey alvin

just a question,

With the PRL and PBL, that means it has no golden genes in it right? Is that a result from breeding the same line of crs and CBS over a long period of time or is it actually a different type of shrimp altogether?

They are amazing!

Hey alvin

just a question' date='

With the PRL and PBL, that means it has no golden genes in it right? Is that a result from breeding the same line of crs and CBS over a long period of time or is it actually a different type of shrimp altogether?

They are amazing![/quote']

Yes.. You are right about Pure Lines not having golden/snow genes in them.. There has been too much breeding with golden/snow last time which although improve body patterns but diminish the quality of colors..

They are actually the same as CRS and BDS/CBS.. There is a point after too much in-breeding which will cause deformation and also numbers of offspring will reduce.. So depends on how you plan.. I will breed 2 batches and cross back after a few generations..

More tanks ALVIN!!! looks great, cant wait to see what you do with these tanks..

are you adding to your room or reducing the number to better tanks??

More tanks ALVIN!!! looks great' date=' cant wait to see what you do with these tanks..

are you adding to your room or reducing the number to better tanks??[/quote']

Bro Dean... I am also thinking what I am going to be doing to those tanks... Hahahaha... But my initial direction will be on refining PRL and PBL...

Each tier on the new rack will start at an interval of 1.5months to 2 months after one another.. (Reason is that I want avoid having a massive soil reset after a year on all tanks..)

I have actually decommissioned my sump rack and in a way considered revamp/upgraded to this set up.. Fully inline canisters filtered, each partition to have 2 canister inline to 'service' it.. Therefore there are 12 canisters on a single rack.. These tanks have been given a bigger width and height to accommodate bigger water volume because previously sump set up has a very big capacity, but current set up its going to be individual partitioned, so to stable each one, I have given it a 60x45x35cm per partition which is approx 94L of water already... Multiply this by 6 and I am having 564L of total water volume..

Based on my filtration, there will be close to 10L of media per 94L of water (per partition) which is much more then what my previous sump set up can give me..

I know this is a little too overfiltrating but I am getting the fun of setting up.. Just the thought of soil resetting turns me off... (The amount spent to date also turns me off.. Hahaha)

Time for the setting up...

Firstly, I started of by deciding where to place the inlet and the rainbar... Sat there thinking for awhile.. And this is my position which is going to be the same for all my 6 partitions...

za2yzeqe.jpg

Then comes the connection for all the hoses... Will be using EHEIM double taps do in cases where I would need to wash or do maintenance for any canister, I would still be able to do it easily by closing the valves of each segment..

(Canister 1)

eja8aty2.jpg

(Canister 2)

tybedy8a.jpg

Then all set up proper for the filtration.. Now it's time to sprinkle mineral powder to the base of the tank before putting in the soil..

And this is what I use..

y3ysaved.jpg

Totally use up a full bottle..

yta2e8ar.jpg

Next comes the soil.. I am using a full ADA New Amazonia soil.. Right now is the Normal which I am pouring..

esyreses.jpg

Last soil to be placed on top will be ADA New Amazonia Powder.. For me, it's not only for aesthetic purpose but also to make sure shrimplets are not hidden from view..

9uze6uva.jpg

Time for adding water.... Using auto top up but not using RO DI.. Since its only for cycling purpose now, just tap water will do but I am using water which passed from the 3-stage filter before the RO membrane.. Place a bag at the point of water dripping to prevent soil from being messed up..

y8e5uje5.jpg

Well, today marks the first day of cycle for the 1st tank... The rest of the tanks will be in the same sequence but I am giving an interval of 1 month to 1.5 month for the next tank to start cycle..

qazemeze.jpg

Will be dosing in all the powder and liquid bacteria tomorrow (or when I am free).. Taking my time to cycle slowly to mature the tank..

Shall update in those soon... Keep yourself reading...

It's been awhile since I update...

Here we go... :)

yva7aqem.jpgygy2ajad.jpgru8u9epu.jpggymajubu.jpg8uhape7e.jpgu6ydady3.jpg

Happy shrimping....

Great update Alvin! Love to see your amazing shrimps and thanks for sharing.

Thanks bro Sprae for all the compliments and support...

Come visit me in Singapore.. See them live... :p hahaha..

Thanks for the update Alvin' date=' they are great shrimp. Keep up the good work.

How is the cycling going?[/quote']

Thanks bro fishmosy..

Well, the cycling is still cycling... Hahaha.. I won't be testing for any parameters for now. Maybe just do some planting this weekend after a minor water change and also start to add in sponge filters and K1 media...

AWSOME set-up and fantastic looking shrimps Alvin...thanks for sharing pics and experience...Wondering what you are feeding shrimps on the last photo?

AWSOME set-up and fantastic looking shrimps Alvin...thanks for sharing pics and experience...Wondering what you are feeding shrimps on the last photo?

Thanks... Haha.. Still learning...

I can't remember as I am feeding them quite a variety of food, but if I am not wrong, it's either Ebitabreed Spinach Tabs or Shirakura food... (I don't have much wafer-like food)

:)

Taken some time in the midst of a busy day at night and took photos of these newly grown juveniles.. Really happy that I am growing them well and hope more of them will appear.. Haha..

e2atepez.jpg

And hope more of this quality will come out too..

qytedyte.jpg

Happy shrimping...

Here is another shot..

Blue bolt mama came out for a stroll while others are feasting at the background...

u6unejap.jpgydebasun.jpga7ezamyd.jpg

Happy shrimping..

That's an awesome BB, does she only turn so vibrant whist berried ? That's just about the most beautiful BB I've seen.

That's an awesome BB' date=' does she only turn so vibrant whist berried ? That's just about the most beautiful BB I've seen.[/quote']

Thanks for your compliments... :)

initially she is about 60% of the intensity if blue.. After her first birth, she had maintained the 60% blueness.. Second birth her colors deepens to about 90% with some lost of blue at the tail portion.. But right now in her third pregnancy, her colors maintained like this all the way...