SKFAquatics Monthly Digest 28 September 2020

skfadmin

SKF newsletter is full of great new posts this month! We welcome all our new shrimp keepers! 

#########################
Have pets? SKF has a new sister forum all about dogs, cats, birds and even horses. Come on over and create your account and post a question or just say Hi!

https://petforums.org/

Help us get the new forum growing, click the link above, register and make a post.

Thank you!
#########################

Popular Posts

my CRS shrimps keep dying
lebowskia
Hello  I have CRS shrimp tank and everyday 1 - 2 shrimp is dying I don't know why, my tds was high a bit but I'm getting lower tds slowy by change %15 every week now ( before add in tank put in wat…
6 comments

Muscular necrosis on C. typus?
Ludwiggg17
Hello everyone, i got 5 C. typus at 7:00 p.m. (UTC+8). They were stuck for a day or so from shipping before i received them and i got worried some of them would've died. In some kind of miracle 4 o…
7 comments

72 litre 90 F shallow build
Subtlefly
Hi Team, So here is the list of what has been purchased 900x400x200 PPG starphire glass rimless tank (custom build) 10mm glass Flat one ONF+ warm white 60 cm pendant light (rated for 17…
57 comments

Shrimp ID?
ShrimpLuke
About three shrimps looking like this bred from my yellow Cherry colony. Anyone know what it is? It's a dark colour with yellow/gold stripes and specks, the shrimp in the middle. Thanks, …
7 comments

Divided tank
Flynn002
I am doing an experiment with my cherry shrimp on temperature dependant sex determination and I need a divided tank obviously the tank won’t need to be too big as I am just housing 1 male and 1…
5 comments

Need a male...lineage recs
NP21
So I have 5 Bloody Mary Sakura females (maybe one male in there but unlikely) and I’d like to add in a male just to keep the population going. Definitely not trying to sell or create too massive of a …
7 comments

Dark Brown shades of Neos
SudhirR
  There are wild type neos, some red cherry and some dream blues in this tank.  I am starting to see some dark and glossy blackish brown shrimplets emerging in this tank.   Sent from my iPhone using T…
2 comments

Project
Flynn002
Hi, I am doing a project for my college course: How does temperature affect the number of fry a cherry shrimp produces? I have setup a small 18L nano tank and it’s currently cycling. When r…
10 comments

Leaves, Green or Brown
ricksza
Close to end of summer here, should I collect my leaves while they're still green on the tree or should I wait until they turn brown? In the past I collected brown leaves while they were still on t…
10 comments

A Little Competition ( Australia Only)
wayne6442
This picture shows pictures of 15 different fish that are claimed to be Endlers, in-fact only five are true endlers the rest are hybrids, I will give a pair of true 'P'class Blue Star Endlers  …
30 comments

Latest Forum Posts

Muscular necrosis on C. typus?
Ludwiggg17
Hello everyone, i got 5 C. typus at 7:00 p.m. (UTC+8). They were stuck for a day or so from shipping before i received them and i got worried some of them would've died. In some kind of miracle 4 o…
7 comments

Shrimp ID?
ShrimpLuke
About three shrimps looking like this bred from my yellow Cherry colony. Anyone know what it is? It's a dark colour with yellow/gold stripes and specks, the shrimp in the middle. Thanks, …
7 comments

Divided tank
Flynn002
I am doing an experiment with my cherry shrimp on temperature dependant sex determination and I need a divided tank obviously the tank won’t need to be too big as I am just housing 1 male and 1…
5 comments

Dark Brown shades of Neos
SudhirR
  There are wild type neos, some red cherry and some dream blues in this tank.  I am starting to see some dark and glossy blackish brown shrimplets emerging in this tank.   Sent from my iPhone using T…
2 comments

How long after birth is it acceptable to move my endlers?
Taste
Curious how much i should let them age if its even a concern before i sell some of my babies.
5 comments

Project
Flynn002
Hi, I am doing a project for my college course: How does temperature affect the number of fry a cherry shrimp produces? I have setup a small 18L nano tank and it’s currently cycling. When r…
10 comments

Nerite Snails and Snello
clippergear
Hey, I know nerite snails are picky eaters and wanted to know if anyone had experience with their nerite snails eating homemade snello?   Thanks in advance
1 comments

Lifespan of native aussie shrimps
Blastedporpoise
Hey all, I'm new to Skf here but not that new to keeping native Aussie shrimp, and was wondering what the lifespan of some of our natives were? I have some Caridina typus and was wondering if they …
2 comments

What shrimp would fit my parameters?
Ludwiggg17
Hello everyone, I recently got a copy of the readings of my town's water sadly the only relevant params listed are pH, GH, and TDS . I plan to get really into the hobby by keeping more species in t…
2 comments

Come on you shrimp guys
wayne6442
Guys I have a little competition going where you can win a pair of genuine Blue Star Endlers  These little fish are ideal tank mates for shrimp as they will not harm the shrimp in any way, …
1 comments

Leaves, Green or Brown
ricksza
Close to end of summer here, should I collect my leaves while they're still green on the tree or should I wait until they turn brown? In the past I collected brown leaves while they were still on t…
10 comments

A Little Competition ( Australia Only)
wayne6442
This picture shows pictures of 15 different fish that are claimed to be Endlers, in-fact only five are true endlers the rest are hybrids, I will give a pair of true 'P'class Blue Star Endlers  …
30 comments

My babies
bbacon1994
I have had my tank for almost a full year now. Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk  
3 comments

Differences between female Endler's and Guppy femalees
wayne6442
Guys can I help dispel some myths about differences  in the guppy female and the Endler's female . I see a lot of people claiming that their female Endler' s have a coloured tail and dorsal fin, Th…
3 comments

Shrimp id needed.
SudhirR
Was sourced as tiger shrimp - Caridina sp. I got a red variety and also slight brownish and greenish ones. They appear nothing like the tiger shrimp from forum posts and hence wanted to get an ID of t…
7 comments

Water conditioners on the Market
discusxgold
Hello, Im new to shrimps and i always used water conditioners for my fish with no issues so far. I have read quite a bit on shrimps and honestly its like im having my first fish tank.. …
11 comments

API Stress Coat as Shrimp water conditioner
discusxgold
Recently brought the API stress coat as water conditioner as the seachem prime is out of stock at my local lfs. Was wondering before i use it: 1. Is it shrimp safe? 2. Should i reminera…
4 comments

Alternative for aquarium salt?
Ludwiggg17
Hello everybody, i recently spotted some of my shrimps being infested by Vorticella and after doing my research i found that a salt bath would cure them. The problem is that all of the LFS in my ar…
2 comments

Low level bacterial infection?
beanbag
Hello folks, I have a Taiwan Bee tank that has been up and running with shrimp for almost a year now. Overall things are ok but once every several weeks or months 1-2 shrimp get taken out. I can…
4 comments

Thanks and talk to you soon!
Cesar
SKFAquatics.com
Owner/Admin

P.S. Feel free to send me a PM or email if you have any suggestions, concerns or questions.

You can unsubscribe by clicking on: https://skfaquatics.com/forum/settings/?area=newsletters