Muscular necrosis on C. typus?

Ludwiggg17

Hello everyone, i got 5 C. typus at 7:00 p.m. (UTC+8). They were stuck for a day or so from shipping before i received them and i got worried some of them would've died. In some kind of miracle 4 of them survived. When i got them acclimated to my tanks i took some time to observe them and i noticed some of them had this pale white look on their bodies and immediately got worried because i know i could endanger my other shrimp. Sorry for low res pics i'll try to get more shots tomorrow

Here are two pictures of one of them:

IMG20200926221916.jpg

IMG20200926221903.jpg

• Confused 1

I wouldn't want to commit using those photos, and I don't know what a healthy shrimp of that type looks like to be honest. I would expect some discolouration from shipping etc, but that same thing could also have made them sick as you say.

When I looked up pictures on google all the shrimps were a cloudy light brown so they are naturally cloudy and maybe just lost some colour in transit, see if anything changes in a day or two?

Can you remove them and keep them separate for maybe a week, even in a bucket etc, using tank water as they have acclimated to that already! Of course catching and moving them again will stress them even more............

Simon

• Like 1

I'll try quarantining them starting tomorrow morning and try to keep an eye out if there is any development on their condition.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jayc said:

How hot has it been the week before they were delivered?

Temps here have been reaching 30 degrees celsius in the noontime but it usually hovers around 26-29 throughout the day. My tanks read at 25-27 during the day. 

Edit:  Here are links to their pictures, 2 of the shrimps are luckily getting better and do not show any sign of disease ( first 2 pics, i havent been able to snap a pic of the 4th as it has been hiding since this morning)

IMG20200928145121_(2).jpg?width=1920&hei

IMG20200928145740_(2).jpg?width=1920&hei

IMG20200928150452_(2).jpg?width=1920&hei

Edited by Ludwiggg17
Added links to pics
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ludwiggg17 said:

IMG20200928145121_(2).jpg?width=1920&hei

Argh! Don't use photobucket.

As I thought. 30DegC was the cause. Out of 5 you got, 1 died and 4 survived but were affected by the heat during delivery. 

Keep them cool, cooler than 25degC if you can manage it and they might recover.

Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jayc said:

Argh! Don't use photobucket.

As I thought. 30DegC was the cause. Out of 5 you got, 1 died and 4 survived but were affected by the heat during delivery. 

Keep them cool, cooler than 25degC if you can manage it and they might recover.

Good luck.

Sorry for using photobucket, i'll refrain from using that next time.

I'll find a way to lower the temps by tomorrow, maybe i'll float some frozen water bottles or set up a fan next to the tanks. Thanks so much!

• Like 1