Possible Bacterial Infection?

WaldoDude

G'day all,

I have noticed that some of my Darwin Algae Shrimp and NQ Algae Eater Shrimp in my new 15 gallon tank are displaying an orange colour near the head (I think it is its organs?) I have attached photos. At least 4 out of 7 from what I can tell have the orange colour.  I've had the 4 Darwin's for almost a year now and I've never noticed the orange but they were in a small algae covered tank and they were hard to spot and tended to blend in with th green. The 3 NQ Algae Eaters are new as of ~2 weeks ago. In fact I posted a thread in this forum asking for a shrimp ID because one of the NQs didn't look like one. When I first noticed the orange, I thought it looked familiar and now looking back at the pic of the shrimp I shared there,  it has the orange colouration! 

Now I haven't seen any dead or sickly shrimp. They all seem normal and active and molting fine. I have read the Shrimp Diseases and Diagnosis thread but don't see any other symptoms. Just in case however i thought I'd ask, so that I can take early action if need be. I'm pretty sure that apart from that first NQ with the orange colouration, the other shrimp did not have the orange but now they do. So it seems to be spreading unless I didn't notice it before.

What are people's thoughts?

IMG-9245 (2).PNG

IMG-9243.jpg

IMG-9244.jpg

IMG-9207.jpg

• Like 2

The shrimp is fine.

That area is where their stomach, ovary and heart are located.

• Like 2