WaldoDude

Possible Bacterial Infection?

WaldoDude

G'day all,

I have noticed that some of my Darwin Algae Shrimp and NQ Algae Eater Shrimp in my new 15 gallon tank are displaying an orange colour near the head (I think it is its organs?) I have attached photos. At least 4 out of 7 from what I can tell have the orange colour.  I've had the 4 Darwin's for almost a year now and I've never noticed the orange but they were in a small algae covered tank and they were hard to spot and tended to blend in with th green. The 3 NQ Algae Eaters are new as of ~2 weeks ago. In fact I posted a thread in this forum asking for a shrimp ID because one of the NQs didn't look like one. When I first noticed the orange, I thought it looked familiar and now looking back at the pic of the shrimp I shared there,  it has the orange colouration! 

Now I haven't seen any dead or sickly shrimp. They all seem normal and active and molting fine. I have read the Shrimp Diseases and Diagnosis thread but don't see any other symptoms. Just in case however i thought I'd ask, so that I can take early action if need be. I'm pretty sure that apart from that first NQ with the orange colouration, the other shrimp did not have the orange but now they do. So it seems to be spreading unless I didn't notice it before.

What are people's thoughts?

IMG-9245 (2).PNG

IMG-9243.jpg

IMG-9244.jpg

IMG-9207.jpg

• Like 2

jayc

The shrimp is fine.

That area is where their stomach, ovary and heart are located.

• Like 2

WaldoDude

Great, I'm glad I was overreacting! 😅

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Must Read SKF Articles

• Join Our Community!

Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

• jayc
      How hot has it been the week before they were delivered?
    • Ludwiggg17
      I'll try quarantining them starting tomorrow morning and try to keep an eye out if there is any development on their condition.
    • sdlTBfanUK
      I wouldn't want to commit using those photos, and I don't know what a healthy shrimp of that type looks like to be honest. I would expect some discolouration from shipping etc, but that same thing could also have made them sick as you say. When I looked up pictures on google all the shrimps were a cloudy light brown so they are naturally cloudy and maybe just lost some colour in transit, see if anything changes in a day or two? Can you remove them and keep them separate for maybe a week, even in a bucket etc, using tank water as they have acclimated to that already! Of course catching and moving them again will stress them even more............ Simon
    • Ludwiggg17
      Hello everyone, i got 5 C. typus at 7:00 p.m. (UTC+8). They were stuck for a day or so from shipping before i received them and i got worried some of them would've died. In some kind of miracle 4 of them survived. When i got them acclimated to my tanks i took some time to observe them and i noticed some of them had this pale white look on their bodies and immediately got worried because i know i could endanger my other shrimp. Sorry for low res pics i'll try to get more shots tomorrow Here are two pictures of one of them:  
    • ShrimpLuke
      The yellow cherry aren't kept with reds, they just bred from that colony and now are by themselves but yeah ill probably seperate the shrimps in questions and find out thanks heaps!