Unusual colour combo

Spinach

I recently cam across this suspected carbon rili of sorts. I couldn't find much like it when I looked. Is this just a simple throw back? Or something less common? I kind of like the half black "tuxedo" look.

Tux.PNG

• Like 3

WoW, She is super cool.

What colour is that? Yellow?

It's not a throw back, but if you don't want the rest of your carbon rilli population to look like that, she should be separated.

• Like 1

That looks great! Would be interesting to see you breed it with another carbon rili, and try to line breed that 'tuxedo' look.

• Like 1

She is heavily berried, and part of the aftermath after removing all her desirable cousins from the tank. I took jayc's advice by removing her and now on her own in a tank created using water from her old home and thought Crabby's idea was what came to my mind. So I plan to raise her progeny separately and breed brother with sister with preference to any female that has any resemblance in hope to get a line of "tuxedos" going. If someone has any idea of how to regenerate another one I will endeavour to do so, but seeing that I don't really know her ancestry - she just popped up out of some blues (diamond? - I don't know about grading much)

Not sure on colour - I'll take another pic (without elodea) after she'e dropped the eggs.

Tux 2.PNG

Tux 3.PNG

• Like 1

Only thing to be careful of is that at some point you'll need to breed back to a totally different line. I'm talking like buy a carbon rili shrimp from a seller you've never heard of. Otherwise with all that inbreeding, your cool tuxedo line will become a weak unhealthy tuxedo line.

Super excited to see what you're gonna get!

Edited by Crabby
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...