What's wrong with my cherries please?!

Mirri

20200826_195335.thumb.jpg.dde490fee3e38d2339fcc994068e2045.jpgNew to shrimp keeping and trying my best! I think water parameters are OK, have live plants, filter, light on a timer, heater and RO water with weekly water changes and testing. Fed 2x a week 1 ball per shrimp of 'shrimp enhancer ' supplement (calcium and magnesium in etc) but 2 shrimpies have an issue... sort of discoloured/opaque orangey bit on their backs.

Can't find anything similar in pics so hoping for diagnosis and way to fix please!!

ps. Apologies for crap picture, phone won't focus!

Edited by Mirri
add pic
  • Like 1

welcome fellow UK shrimp keeper.

I can't see anything that would worry me at this point? If they are red cherry then they come in many grades and some have a stripe down the back.

How long have you had them and are you sure they didn't come like that when you got them (they rarely all look the same)? Are they acting normally otherwise?

Do you use RO water and add GH/KH+ shrimp product? I see you have an inert gravel substrate! What are the water parameters? How much water do you change each week?

Simon

Edited by sdlTBfanUK
  • Like 1

Google 'Cherry Shrimp Racer Stripe'.
It's a colour variant of cherries. May be what your shrimp are. I personally love racer stripe cherries of all colours.
If you're worried, could you send us your parameters? Just to check.
Looking good with the live plants! Is that anubias I see? 

• Like 2