Dean's 6x2x2 new scape

Dean

ok so after only a few months of my newly scaped tank

i have decided i dont like it and will be doing a complete re-scape of the tank.

this is how the tank looks now before i stip it down in the next few days :sleeping:

boring i think.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]172[/ATTACH]

i have slowly been catching all the shrimp from it to get ready for the stripping down of it.

post-29-139909856611_thumb.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dean

• Loach

• Sprae

• lachie1998

Ah yes I remember this....the desert scape. Was meant to be full of high grade shrimp, no?

never was happy enough with the dank to start putting them in.

now after the re scape i will house some of my KK RW BB.

i just want the scape to be as much of a wow factor as the shrimp i put in there.

problem is im really no good at scaping :)

You have to start somewhere. Half the fun is in the trying me thinks.

have to agree with you there mate, i love spending hours and hours playing with my tanks and laying out the dry scape 10 times before

making a decision :)

how long does the dalek post-32-139909856637_thumb.jpg i mean oxydator A size last?

post-23-139909845762_thumb.gif

Cant wait for the rescape :)

Scaping is easy when you have nice big pieces of wood :p. Just cover in mosses and ferns and a nice groundcover plants.

@John. i thought this would get your attention. :) this will be the 4th time now i have scaped this tank :)

@Fox. depends on many factors like temp, %H202, catalyst#, bla bla bla, but 3-4weeks average.

@Loach, lol i agree with you there but this time im trying to use only rocks and moss. no driftwood. :) just draining tank now so hoping to start dry lay of scape by dinner time and fill again late tonight or tomorrow. then next week add all the moss and mini/nano moss/plants i have

Oooeer.. love a good tank rescape with moss. I can't wait to see it. Remember to share the dry scaping!

@ sprae, just waiting for the water to clear and ill post some pics tomorrow of the hard scape without plants/moss

@loach, wtf was i thinking :) that was hard work +++ but yes i got all the XXXXXLarge rocks in place but gave up on moving them after the second time

as i was to worried i would drop on and crack the bottom of the tank. so not quite the setup i wanted but i think once i add plants/moss it will be nice all the same :)

ok so i sort of gave up on the large rocks and trying to get them looking good. what i wanted in my head and what i could actually do ended up being very different :)

anyway this is the very raw hard scape. still needs a lot of work but i ran out of time and patients. will try to finish next wkend :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]193[/ATTACH]

plants im going to use! sorry for spelling!!!!

mini pellia

subwasertang

anubas nana petite

mini balbitus

balbitus

mini xmas moss

weeping moss

mini plagia

fissidens

post-29-139909845763_thumb.jpg

Those rocks are huge! Probably weigh more than me lol. Cant wait too see how this turns out with all the plants :). Are you sure you dont need any more peacock moss :p. Or maybe even some effweed?

the heaviest rock was 47KG and the other 3 were between 32-40kg each.

it will look very different once i finish with the mosses and nano plants.

just need more time in my days :)

ill let you know if i need more peacock but im not using peacock in this tank. the peacock is for my breeding racks :)

yes very big rocks :)

i was thinking about the island style scape but i really dont like having places in the tank where i can not see my shrimp.

thats why i just put the rocks along the back wall :)

started adding some plants today and looking much better.

i should have gone to work but sometimes scaping is just more fun :)

Hey mate, looking good. My only critique would be that it looks a little symmetrical atm. Need some contrasting heights and clustering to give it that visual ompff. At the moment the eyes don't know where to focus first. Hope that makes sense? People keep telling me about golden ratio's etc... Something like the focal point should be 1/3 in and 2/3 back.

looks nice Dean but for us non preiuim members cannot view the images when we click on it, would you be able to changes this please?:o im going to get a premium membership when i got some money to spend on shrimp!:)

looks nice Dean but for us non preiuim members cannot view the images when we click on it' date=' would you be able to changes this please?:o im going to get a premium membership when i got some money to spend on shrimp!:)[/quote']

Trust me lachie, Premium is well worthit :). You wont regret it ;)

Hey mate' date=' looking good. My only critique would be that it looks a little symmetrical atm. Need some contrasting heights and clustering to give it that visual ompff. At the moment the eyes don't know where to focus first. Hope that makes sense? People keep telling me about golden ratio's etc... Something like the focal point should be 1/3 in and 2/3 back.[/quote']

Nice reference mate. Golden ratio will help with the balance.

Looks real nice Dean, im not aquascaper(am yet to try it) but i think it would of made a better effect if you added more soil to the back to create a slope so that maybe yours eyes would most likely be caught by the big rocks then follow the slope down to the plants and shrimp??? llol thats just a theroy i just came up with.

Tanks starting to look good Dean :), Though i think you need more plants lol. I think some nice big clumps of NL java fern in the back and more moss plates would be good. Cant wait for future updates!