Renewed Tank

LCM94

Hi 

For those who read my last issues in this thread below, I have completely renewed the tank. Introduction of a spider wood of some sort polluted my tech soil definitely.

So removed everything, changed the soil to a standard JBL Manado Dark soil, so I won't have to worry about changing it for a while. I kept the plants but threw away the soil & the woods I used to have. Plants were kept.

After 6 weeks of running it empty I introduced last week CRS S to SSS type. They are doing fine.

I use 100% RO water with salty shrimp for Caridinas. Parameters seem all perfect. CO2 to help plants grow.

Just wanted to open a live topic to show you the evolution and breeding I will have when I will introduce this week some Taiwan Bees Pandas & Red Wines. The results should be interesting. I am not looking into breeding specific types, just want to see how thing goes with this breedings.

Anyway here are a couple of pics.

IMG_20200812_103928.jpg

IMG_20200812_103822.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for updating us and I'm pleased it seems to be working better now. The tank looks fabulous as well and the shrimp will be very happy in there!

Go carefully with the C02 though and I hope to see your taiwan bee shrimp soon?

Simon

thanks!

I know about CO2 rules and am used to it :)

I will get the taiwan bees tomorrow morning as they were shipped this afternoon. I will post the pictures.

• Like 1

The new tank looks great!

Hope this one does better for you.

• Like 1

Here are a couple of shots of the Taiwan bees. I just introduced them in the tank.

IMG_20200813_132910.jpg

IMG_20200813_132930.jpg

Edited by LCM94
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hello

Quick updates

I have added about 3cm layer of  technical soil over the manado because water parameters were deviating.

KH & GH have stabilized in a couple of day.

I have lots of babies running around (blacks, crs ... and probably tawain bees).

Here are a few shots.

IMG_20201008_114612.jpg

IMG_20201008_114556.jpg

IMG_20201008_114904.jpg

IMG_20201008_114650.jpg

IMG_20201008_114706.jpg

IMG_20201008_114852.jpg

Edited by LCM94
  • Like 3

Nice tank! I love the tall green plant (not the vallisneria, the other one), what's it called? You've planted it really nicely.

• Like 1

Thanks! It's called Limnophilia Sessiflora. They grow even faster on tech soil. They create ramifications. Now they have taken over my tank but I don't mind. ?

Edited by LCM94
  • Like 2