Does anyone have experience keeping oebt shrimp in Neocaridina parameters?

wtusa1783

I have Neocaridina parameters and would like to get some orange eyed blue tiger shrimp. Has anyone had any experience keeping them in a higher ph or neo parameters?

• Like 1

I did a quick google search and the first 2 (thats as far as I looked) said parameters Ph6-7.5, so you won't have a problem I'm sure of that.

I think your biggest problem may be getting them?

Simon 

Edited by sdlTBfanUK

They're pricey... like very very pricey ? 

Generally anywhere from $15-25 AUD, not sure how much in the US. Hard to find too. 

Parameters would be like with other tigers - pH 6.6-6.8, GH 3-5, KH 1-3 if you're keeping them with neos. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crabby said:

They're pricey... like very very pricey ? 

Generally anywhere from $15-25 AUD, not sure how much in the US. Hard to find too. 

Parameters would be like with other tigers - pH 6.6-6.8, GH 3-5, KH 1-3 if you're keeping them with neos. 

They are cheaper here. I also wouldn’t get super high quality ones. I read they can be in slightly higher than neutral ph and harder water than moss caridina

• Like 1

The few times my pH has gone above neutral, I've lost one. Definitely can handle better than most caridina, but just try to aim for 6.8 or so.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Crabby said:

The few times my pH has gone above neutral, I've lost one. Definitely can handle better than most caridina, but just try to aim for 6.8 or so.

Ok. I would have to get someone that bred them in neo Parameters I guess. Pretty hardy tho?

• Like 1