Should I get blue velvet or red rili shrimp?

wtusa1783

I was thinking of getting blue dream but I have dark substrate and it appears that blue velvet are lighter so I would be able to see them way easier. I also like the red rili. Do the red rili have blue ish bodies? I’ve seen some that do and some that don’t. I would be getting them from either billyboiaquatics or soshrimp. Has anyone ordered these shrimp from these places?

Blue dreams aren't great on a dark substrate. Get some blue jellies or the red rilis I reckon. I have blue dreams on a black substrate and they don't look good unless on something other than the substrate. Just my opinion though.

13 minutes ago, Crabby said:

Blue dreams aren't great on a dark substrate. Get some blue jellies or the red rilis I reckon. I have blue dreams on a black substrate and they don't look good unless on something other than the substrate. Just my opinion though.

What about blue velvet? Ik those are lighter. How are red rili? I like them but some can be too light sometimes. Can they look something like this?

BCF86B40-A9B3-4FB3-8E27-F014D40D806B.jpeg

Edited by wtusa1783
Added questions

That's a really high grade one. I think there are good quality ones in US, I'm not sure though. We don't have nice rili shrimp in Australia.

• Like 1

It's actually pretty ez to keep rili shrimp . It's just pretty rare in US . I'm not sure if it's possible to import living shrimp into US .

In Taiwan , red rili shrimp is like 100NT for 12 shrimp?

Screenshot_20200727-001238.png

Edited by ChrisWu13
  • Like 3

Wow!!! That's super cheap!!! Like 3 for 1 AUD. 

• Like 1

They're both the same species , so just choose the colour u like⊂(◉‿◉)つ

• Like 1

I hate to say it ... just get two tanks and you can keep both colour variations.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2020 at 1:00 PM, wtusa1783 said:

I was thinking of getting blue dream but I have dark substrate and it appears that blue velvet are lighter so I would be able to see them way easier. I also like the red rili. Do the red rili have blue ish bodies? I’ve seen some that do and some that don’t. I would be getting them from either billyboiaquatics or soshrimp. Has anyone ordered these shrimp from these places?

We do have blue rili shrimp in Taiwan(P1)? (guess it's pretty rare in US?)Just remember don't put the different colour type together ,their baby will return to the original colour(P2)

In Chinese , it's called 返祖 , basically it's because if you put two shrimp with different colour gene together , their baby's gene will be very unstable ,eventually the baby shrimps will all return to their original colour (black)^_^

Screenshot_20200728-013725.png

Screenshot_20200728-013743.png

Edited by ChrisWu13
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm amazed at the pricing given above (100 NT for 10 shrimp)! That's like $3.40, which is crazy! Would shrimp survive such a long haul (from Taiwan to the US), though?