What grade are these shrimp at my lfs?

wtusa1783

1 minute ago, jayc said:

What shrimp is that supposed to be? Fire red?

Yes they just got them today I think so they aren’t showing full colors. I’m thinking fire red and maybe painted?

7 minutes ago, wtusa1783 said:

I’m thinking fire red and maybe painted?

Well, it is a very poor quality fire red / painted red. It's more brown than red.

They should be a bright red all over.

1 minute ago, jayc said:

Well, it is a very poor quality fire red / painted red. It's more brown than red.

They should be a bright red all over.

No they were brighter in person than on the photos. So not considering the color since I think they just got them today, are they painted or fire?

Well from the way the colour actually looks on their shells, it leads me to believe painted. Painted fire/fire red is a stronger/brighter red generally, and I don't think even washed out fire reds could look that brown in a photo. i think.... 

1 minute ago, Crabby said:

Well from the way the colour actually looks on their shells, it leads me to believe painted. Painted fire/fire red is a stronger/brighter red generally, and I don't think even washed out fire reds could look that brown in a photo. i think.... 

Yea just trust me they were definitely red. On the darker side but the pic makes them look brown

I wouldn't want to guess from that photo, but if you say they were red (it looks more chocolate) then it is a nice strong density so if you like it go for it, do they have enough to start your collection/breeding colony? It makes sense that when they colour down under stress they wouuld probably go browner so they should colour up nicely when established.

Simon

• Like 1