SKFAquatics Monthly Digest 28 June 2020

skfadmin

SKF newsletter is full of great new posts this month! We welcome all our new shrimp keepers! 

#########################
Have pets? SKF has a new sister forum all about dogs, cats, birds and even horses. Come on over and create your account and post a question or just say Hi!

https://petforums.org/

Help us get the new forum growing, click the link above, register and make a post.

Thank you!
#########################

Popular Posts

Nerite Snails – Detailed Guide
arcticwolf
Nerite Snails – Detailed Guide: Care, Diet and Breeding The Nerite snails quickly became popular in the aquarium trade as both the saltwater and the freshwater species are pretty hardy and beca…
2 comments

Help please
Able
So IV been Breeding Guppies for the past couple years pretty successfully. But I recently wanted to get into the shrimp hobby so I try to get my water parameters correct and I have added some ch…
61 comments

Assassin Snail – Detailed Guide
arcticwolf
ASSASSIN SNAIL: CARE, SIZE, DIET, FEEDING and feeding An Assassin Snail has become a popular freshwater snail to keep. Assassin Snails have a reputation of being able to help keep populati…
2 comments

Rabbit Snail – Detailed Guide:
arcticwolf
Rabbit Snail – Detailed Guide: Care, Diet and Breeding One of the more interesting freshwater snails is the Rabbit Snail. A Rabbit Snail is a peaceful, non-aggressive slow moving tank mate that…
1 comments

Bladder Snails Guide
arcticwolf
Bladder Snail – Detailed Guide: Bladder snails are one of the most commonly found snails in the aquarium hobby. Most aquarists also consider them as Pest snails you need to avoid. Myself includ…
1 comments

Saltyshrimp mineral GH+ backup?
EBC
Hi all, I am running perilously low on the Saltyshrimp mineral GH+ that I have and it seems pretty much everyone is out of stock in Australia. Anyone know of anything good that can be used …
18 comments

Malaysian Trumpet Snail – Detailed Guide:
arcticwolf
Malaysian Trumpet Snail – Detailed Guide: Care, Diet, and Breeding Some lots of people do not like Malaysian Trumpet Snails. They consider them as Pest snails and want to remove them by any mea…
1 comments

Ramshorn Snails – Detailed Guide
arcticwolf
Ramshorn Snails – Detailed Guide: Care, Diet and Breeding Ramshorn snails (Planorbella duryi and Planorbarius corneus) are becoming an all-too familiar feature around tanks these days. Some aqu…
1 comments

new shrimp delayed in mail
arcticwolf
May 2, 2020 delayed In Transit, Arriving Late I ordered 30 high quality yellow neos from a top breeder in the US ... LRBretz aquatics ... i got other shrimp from in the past ...he has w…
15 comments

A single shrimp is sick, maybe
beanbag
Hello folks, I have a tank with Taiwan Bee shrimps for about 6 months now and generally everything is fine, and the shrimp made babies and the babies are generally doing ok now.  So probably al…
27 comments

Latest Forum Posts

Rabbit Snail – Detailed Guide:
arcticwolf
Rabbit Snail – Detailed Guide: Care, Diet and Breeding One of the more interesting freshwater snails is the Rabbit Snail. A Rabbit Snail is a peaceful, non-aggressive slow moving tank mate that…
1 comments

Bladder Snails Guide
arcticwolf
Bladder Snail – Detailed Guide: Bladder snails are one of the most commonly found snails in the aquarium hobby. Most aquarists also consider them as Pest snails you need to avoid. Myself includ…
1 comments

Malaysian Trumpet Snail – Detailed Guide:
arcticwolf
Malaysian Trumpet Snail – Detailed Guide: Care, Diet, and Breeding Some lots of people do not like Malaysian Trumpet Snails. They consider them as Pest snails and want to remove them by any mea…
1 comments

Nerite Snails – Detailed Guide
arcticwolf
Nerite Snails – Detailed Guide: Care, Diet and Breeding The Nerite snails quickly became popular in the aquarium trade as both the saltwater and the freshwater species are pretty hardy and beca…
2 comments

Ramshorn Snails – Detailed Guide
arcticwolf
Ramshorn Snails – Detailed Guide: Care, Diet and Breeding Ramshorn snails (Planorbella duryi and Planorbarius corneus) are becoming an all-too familiar feature around tanks these days. Some aqu…
1 comments

Assassin Snail – Detailed Guide
arcticwolf
ASSASSIN SNAIL: CARE, SIZE, DIET, FEEDING and feeding An Assassin Snail has become a popular freshwater snail to keep. Assassin Snails have a reputation of being able to help keep populati…
2 comments

How to Blanch Сucumbers and Zucchini the Right Way.
arcticwolf
How to Blanch Сucumbers and Zucchini for Shrimp, Snails and Fish the Right Way. Today I am going to tell you how to prepare a cucumber for your fish, snails, and shrimp . Actually, you can do i…
1 comments

Everything about Feeding Dishes for Shrimp
arcticwolf
It is pretty hard to say why there are still a lot of people who do not use them. Maybe that is because they do not see the benefit of feeding dishes or they simply used to throw food in their aqua…
1 comments

How to Remove Snails from a Shrimp Tank
arcticwolf
Today I am going to talk about how to remove snails from a shrimp tank. They are the best friends for our shrimp and an excellent addition to the clean-up crew. I always advise to have them in a sh…
2 comments

How to Quarantine and Disinfect Aquarium Plants
arcticwolf
I have been keeping planted tanks for over 30 yrs and there are certain things you learn the hard way to do with every new purchase before it goes in your tank... shrimp, fish plants At first, …
6 comments

Wild Moss Aquatarrerium
Submerged
Hi, Just after some thoughts on my little aquatarrerium, and perhaps suggestions for improvements/different types of mosses and lichens to try! Thanks ?
3 comments

What Soil for Taiwan Bees?
Goco
Hello Community, what Soil do you guys keep for Taiwan Bees? I have Tropica Powdered Soil, and i cant seem to get my Baby Shrimps up. After 2 Weeks they die off over night. My Ph ist about 7. …
5 comments

Huddeled in corner
Candy
So, I've set up my first ever shrimp tank. It has been cycled and all parameters were good...until I put in some cholla wood. I had boiled it and everything but over the course of a few days it gre…
4 comments

I'm not sure.......has my axalotyl had babies?
Spongy
We have recently started feeding them different food, but noticed a load of these guys today after doing almost 100% water change.
4 comments

No filter Jarrarium
Submerged
Hi! I've just started a YouTube channel, and my first video is of my 8 month old no filter Jarrarium. Nothing in-depth, more about the aesthetics...and the cherry shrimp ? Subscribe if you like it…
2 comments

Having a scud problem, need a patriot missle
Healingeagle
Hello everyone! My primary reason I looked for a shrimp forum was because I'm having an issue with scuds! I paid for this pain in the ass problem, did it to myself. A few years back I was sold scud…
29 comments

Remineralized RO vs Well Water PH/GH/KH/TDS
jalbright
I'm trying to wrap my head around the numbers I'm seeing and really understand what I should be looking at in terms of hardness and PH overall.  We have a few small tanks and started with neocaridi…
7 comments

Pale Otos
SonoranStorm
Hi All,  Question my LFS is going curbside pick up RN with the Rona so i dont get a chance to go pick out the fish myself I got two otos and 5 Neon Tetras.  They were drip-acclimated over a 2 hou…
4 comments

Do I need a heated tank in Australia?
Subtlefly
Hi team! Another (dumb) question.. I live about 3 hrs drive (south) from the Tropic of Capricorn.  Temps in Bundaberg might get down to 5 degrees a couple of times a year.  Do I need a heat…
5 comments

Thanks and talk to you soon!
Cesar
SKFAquatics.com
Owner/Admin

P.S. Feel free to send me a PM or email if you have any suggestions, concerns or questions.

You can unsubscribe by clicking on: https://skfaquatics.com/forum/settings/?area=newsletters