Just fell in love with shrimp

Healingeagle

Hi, I'm new to the trade, I'm dyslexic so trying to learn from lots of reading is a chore. Shorter direct answers to my specific question in a forum format is so much easier than trying to find my answers in articles or long pieces. So I'm appreciative to have access to this forum. Thanks!

I just have one active shrimp tank(neos) but have already started getting 4 more ready, I have over 1000 gallons in tanks currently.

I use well water / RO 50/50 blend. My tanks are low to mid 70s. I heat my room not my tanks so there is a little more variance than electric heat in tank. But it works for me so far. 

Just wanted to introduce mysef

• Like 3

Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy it and find it useful?

There is a lot of stuff so if you prefer asking rather than trawling through lots of stuff, feel free to ask any and as many questions as you want to!

From the little info so far, you should be all set with cherry (neocaridina) shrimp but will probably will need a rethink on the water IF you want to keep Bee (Caridina) in the future.

Do you have a separate fish room full of tanks?

Simon

• Like 1

I have my fish room/ living room. I want to enjoy my tanks so in my fish room I have a daybed and my 65" tv. When I'm home that's where I am. In the past having a fish room I did not enjoy my collection so much as i was just going in to service basically. I dust did a big move and in a tank I had abandoned for a couple of years just added water basically to avoid dealing with the tank. Had a bad loss in the tank and was upset with myself. In that tank I found a colony of shrimp! I had forgot I threw a bag I won at an auction a couple of years back. These became my favorite things to watch. Sat there for hours 

Got to run

• Like 1

Yep. I've started shrimp keeping back in 2012. Only ran that for about a year. Then stop. Now I'm coming back. Not sure why but so far I'm loving. 

• Like 2

Don't need to know why. As long as you are enjoying it. ?

• Like 1

I love going to auctions. I've observed that plants, shrinp, and plecos always sell well. So I thought I would investigate them because of that. I'd like to start to make a little of my expenses back. The bag of shrimp I won was basically Fish food quality, mostly clear with a little tiger. After a 6 months of culling I have some red ones and dark ones and almost a little blue ones. It's interesting to see how the colors were bred  into the shrinps.

• Like 3

Wow, that's really impressive that you've brought the colours out like that. Neocaridina or caridina? And welcome to the forum.

• Like 1