72 litre 90 F shallow build

Subtlefly

• 3 weeks later...

Looking wonderful! Loving the way the endlers school. Mine school like that occasionally but not often - possibly the shape of the tank allows for the way they swim, better than standard tank proportions? 

• Like 1

Tank looks great and I love the ember tetras, I've got some of those! The scaping looks very natural, well done, it all paid off!

Any plans for shrimps in the future?

Simon

Yeh blink and you miss it!

spacer.png

There are 7 high quality blue dream shrimp in the tank.. they are hard to spot but will hopefully breed and thrive:)

• Like 1

Wow, you went the same path with shrimp as I did in my first tank - less than 10 shrimp in a massive tank. Mine was a 110L haha. So hard to see the shrimp in there, and unfortunately they never bred for me. Hopefully you can get a colony out of those guys!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I think there are babies !!

spacer.png

Its a bit hard to tell from the photo here but there are some really tiny shrimp appearing in the tank.  Also I am counting up to 7 visible at any one time - and including my loses I should have been down to 5... so I think they are breeding:)

spacer.png

spacer.png

Its so very exciting.  There are even some tiny fire reds in my wife's tank so we have been really lucky I think.  

Have a great day all

sub

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Subtlefly said:

Its a bit hard to tell from the photo here

That photo could be used for a "Spot the baby shrimp" competition.

I can maybe see one or two but that's it.

• Like 1

Hey JayC!  ?  there are only two shrimp (I think) - the point of my photo was to show that the one on the left is much smaller than the one on the right!

• Like 1

Great news, those do look quite young and newborns will hide a lot of the time especially with preditors in the tank so you are unlikely to see them wit fish in the tank.

Have you seen any berried females? The larer one looks to be a male.

Simon

Yeh its funny we haven't noticed any berried females, but maybe they are hiding during this phase?  - there is plenty of places in this tank to go unseen- I was freaking out because a couple of shrimp had died and I thought it was going to fail as a shrimp colony, but I have noticed recently that there are a lot of shrimp out and about and have been regularly counting five, six or even seven visible at one time.. so that combined with the appearance of a few really tiny guys (I am sure that they are smaller than the juveniles I put in originally) has me quietly confident that it is all onwards and upwards from here.

Edited by Subtlefly
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Subtlefly said:

Hey JayC!  ?  there are only two shrimp (I think) - the point of my photo was to show that the one on the left is much smaller than the one on the right!

? LOL.

And here I was straining to spot a new born in amongst that gravel.

• Like 2

Me too, I even enlarged the picture. I saw lots of ember tetra hiding by the Java fern and some snails though!

Simon

Edited by sdlTBfanUK

• 4 months later...

Wow , that's so beautiful now that the tank is matured.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

Tank looks great and good to see the ember tetras and blue shrimp also doing well!

Happy 2022 to you and everyon that reads this also.

Simon 

Edited by sdlTBfanUK
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

Always great to get an update!

Good to see the ember tetras and shrimp are doing well still.

That duckweed is vile stuff (looks ok when only a small bit in an aquarium) and so difficult to get rid of once in an aquarium and over runs so quickly?

• Like 1

The duckweed can certainly be a pain!  I think the trade-off is that it is doing a great job mopping up all the nutrients

• Like 1