72 litre 90 F shallow build

Subtlefly

End of day 1 !!  A lot of backwards and forwards, of course we changed the design (even though the steel was cut and delivered) but  I am pretty happy with how it is going so far.

spacer.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

That rock looks amazing.

The side profile even looks like a croc's head.

Can't wait to see it in the tank.

• Like 1

That's lookng great and the new light should work/look great with the new tank! Any idea when you will get the shallow tank?

The cat soon found their spot.

Simon

Edited by sdlTBfanUK

Tank should be ready soon!  There was a bit of a delay with talk of an 8mm tank.  Apparently the 8mm starphire glass is hard to source so we are back on track with 10mm glass.  I DIY bent and annealed my  ADA and cheap VIV glass lily pipes and it worked fine.  So all systems go!  

• Like 2

Epic !

LOL, your cat ! Just sitting there watching all the fuss.

• Like 1

Stand looks terrific!!! Love the spot for the cat too! ?

• Like 1

Following this build. Looks cool Sub. 

Sucks about your bad experience with the supplier. There is nothing worse than poor service. 

Which State are you in? 

• 4 weeks later...

spacer.png

Ok!  Tank is finally ready to go!

I will be setting up the hardscape now

• Like 2

Ok so the filter is eheim ecco 130
Light is onf flat one+ 60 cm
Here is the plant list -
Bucephalandra Alexis x 1
Rare Bucephalandra micro x 1
Other assorted short leaf small buce Including
Rare black catherinae X 1 Galaxy X 1 Ovalis mini X 1
uncommon dward needle fern 
fissidens Vietnam
Peacock Moss X 2
True Christmas Moss X 1
Willow Moss X 2
Hygrofila Pinnatifida x 1
Anubias Nana Petite X 1
Anubias Coin X 1 Anubias Lanceolata/Glabra (narrow leaf) X 2
dwarf hair grass belem tissue culture x 10 pots
rotala walichii (stems)
Alternanthera reineckii 'Mini' (stems)

Have purchased 7 high grade blue dream shrimp
24 rasboras merah

Plants should arrive later this week - then filled, planted and cycled as soon as possible for livestock 
Have a great day
sub
  • Like 1

Can't wait to see it with all the plants in place.

I ordered 6 of those fish for my tank just as lockdown happened. I also ordered 6 chilli rasbora to go in the same tank. Place sent 12 chilli instead of 6 of each which I was a bit miffed with but hey I was lucky to get anything at that time and had they had to wait a week longer I probably wouldn't have got anything so I am not holding it against them and I still have 11 alive so they were good healthy stock. I prefer the 'dwarf spotted rasbora' (as we know them here) you are getting so I may try getting some again at some stage, when things settle more or I need some other fish!

Simon

Where are you sourcing the Buce from? 

I have Rasbora Briggitae (chilli) in a 30 cube with shrimp. I love them. The colour is insane for a fish.  

Looking forward to seeing this grow in. 

• Like 1

The majority of the plants are coming from Aquarzon Australia.  Adrian is an absolute champion- they are his shrimp as well:)

• Like 1

spacer.pngSo here are most of the plants in - extra to my list are some crypt petchii.  I am afraid I totally goosed my timeline with the fish- I had secured them and asked for the seller to send once they got down to the last 100 (they had over 500) - which I thought would give me some time - but they sold out straight away and fish arrived two days later!!  So I am doing my best with good water, cycled media in the filter (from the other tank) and water changes- all good so far no losses out of 24, so hopefully will be ok!  But this was definitely not according to the carefully made plan! It was one of those things - If I didnt make the purchase, who knows when this fish will next be available..

So there are still a few outstanding plants coming in and I have to ask for the shrimp to be posted in a couple of weeks..  

Some better photos when it all settles down a bit!

Happy for you to tell me how dumb I am

Thanks all 

sub

Edited by Subtlefly
  • Like 2

Fish are much tougher than shrimps and I have 'cycled' with fsh before and they all survived, it may not be ideal but SH*T happens. They are lovely dwarf spot rasboras and you have obviously spent a lot of time 'scaping the tank and it looks great and even better with somefish in it. You must be pleased and feel all the work has paid off, and you will enjoy it more knowing how much it has taken.

Hope the cat is enjoying the new perch as well, and doesn't see the fish as a snack........

Simon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tank looks amazing!!!!

Unfortunate about the fish though. I'm sure I would've made the same mistake in that situation. Lets hope it all goes smoothly for you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

406af9_547332623c9a404f9cd4892abf1b1f45~

So here is an update - the cycling is not going as smoothly as hoped.  I lost a couple of fish and immediately moved the rest to the other tank - all happy and healthy. I have been feeding the tank a pinch of food every second day, putting in mulm from the other tank, and trying to be patient, the nitrites went right down, but now they are high again.. so just having to ride it out I suppose.  LFS tested the water and says that the Nitrates are building and its just a matter of patience.  

406af9_d34f8a0a193f46ecaa7d9bec659871a2~

406af9_c4e068538eb94467a0d4acdafc84c2c7~

406af9_dbc3547b5cbb437bade318d8e789984a~

• Like 2