Parasite infection heeeelp

pasha15

Hi all. Watching my cherry shrimp today I have noticed several have yellow bits on there under side. Definitely not eggs. I have removed all I can see are infected. From what I can find on line it appears to be a parasite. I can not find any treatment options. Can anyone help.

I do a minimum of 10%water change every week with zero water with added gh+/kh+. I clean the gravel every week also.

Any advice gratefully recieved.259a29a2e2f727128c00d7df67ddf204.jpg13c50f448d4e79b6dc4ec1ae8d30b746.jpgd9fdfb587d005cddcaaca245d533f0b5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

Sorry to hear you have a problem. It is difficult to make out from the photos but obviously it is difficult to take photos of something so small?

Try looking here, there were a coupe of possibilities I noticed having a quick glance through it, vorticello, parasites

https://skfaquatics.com/forum/forums/topic/5052-shrimp-diseases-and-diagnosis/

Both the ones I saw say salt treatment so that may be worth a try anyway (not household salt but aquarium salt)!

Any idea where they came from, have you added anything new recently? I assume the yellow colour is eggs of the shrimp.

Hopefully you can set up a temporary quarantine tank whilst you try the salt treatment and others may give some further advice!

Simon

• Like 1

We havent added anything new for a while. The yellow is definitely not eggs but from what I can read on line that is the parasite. It is only on the underside of the shrimp. Looking on line seems to suggest ellobiopsidae!!814d04e7c45827724c3c8691e2e3da50.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Here are a couple of vids,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-FhLa3gl5o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfFyDb5o4iA

It would be worth trying the salt treatment, or malachite green. I have 'Waterlife fin rot and ulcers' treatment that I got from ProShrimp, that definitely has malachite green in it and may work, though they may sell something 'malachite green' on its own?

Here is a link to their treatments, lots,

https://www.pro-shrimp.co.uk/search?controller=search&orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=treatment&submit_search=

Always treat seperately from the main tank, and if you can set up a temporary quarantine tank to house them during the period of treatment, that is better, even a bucket or something would do!

Simon

It's definitely ellobiopsidae. Our own Diseases and Diagnostics thread, that Simon linked, has a post all about it including possible treatment. Ellobiopsidae is highly contagious. So remove any shrimp you see with it immediately into a quarantine tank.

Not many known cures, but Formalin/Malachite treatments seem to have the best possibility of killing it.

• Like 1