SKFAquatics Monthly Digest 28 May 2020

skfadmin

SKF newsletter is full of great new posts this month! We welcome all our new shrimp keepers! 

#########################
Have pets? SKF has a new sister forum all about pets. Yes, dogs, cats, birds and even horses. Come on over and create your account and post a question or just say Hi!

https://petforums.org/

Help us get the new forum started, click the link above, register and make a post.

Thank you!
#########################

Popular Posts

Aquamaxx 17.1 Gallon Caridina Tank Build
Steensj2004
Not sure if people do build threads around here,  OR if I’m allowed, but here we go.   Thanks to the wonderful guys in this forum,  I’ve already purchased (2) additional tanks. One(9.6 gall…
335 comments

Waterbox 10 Gallon Neocaradina Tank
Steensj2004
Setting up a new tank for some Neos, as I scored this insanely cheap, NIB tank. It’s been cycling for about two weeks. Considering orange or red Rilis, but haven’t decided yet as I have cycle t…
57 comments

DSM: Mr Aqua 12G (3ft Bookshelf)
AwwYea
Week 19 Equipment Mr Aqua 12G (3ft Bookshelf - 90 x 21 x 24cm - 45litres~) UP Aqua Pro Z LED Eheim 2217 Hydor ETH 200w DICI Professional 2-Stage Regulator KegKing 2.6kg Cylinder Max Mix CO2 …
60 comments

what kind of shrimp is this?
bogdan32
Hello, I have many shrimp like the one in the photo but I do not know what breed he is.    
2 comments

Red Devils
Rpg
Hi all what would be the possible crosses to make OE Red Devils 
4 comments

Help please
Able
So IV been Breeding Guppies for the past couple years pretty successfully. But I recently wanted to get into the shrimp hobby so I try to get my water parameters correct and I have added some ch…
54 comments

Need a male...lineage recs
NP21
So I have 5 Bloody Mary Sakura females (maybe one male in there but unlikely) and I’d like to add in a male just to keep the population going. Definitely not trying to sell or create too massive of a …
6 comments

Shallow and long?
Subtlefly
Hi team, So I am really excited by the unreal shallow aquscaped tanks that I see online and I love the idea of keeping shrimp.  I have some native red nosed shrimp breeding in a pond outside bu…
1 comments

Any ideal what species this is?
Amandalynn
I purchased this shrimp with a group of amano shrimp... yeah.. pretty sure it's not. Doesn't behave the same as the others, and is huge. Like just under 3 inches from head to tail and its front "le…
28 comments

New Tangerine Tigers!
Crabby
Exciting news: I just purchased 15 tangerine tiger shrimp from a local breeder, in exchange for some of my abundance of endler fry. I’m starting the drip acclimation now, along with my other two tt…
28 comments

Latest Forum Posts

Murray river long arm shrimp
nostone
I have a question, I have some new Murray river long arm shrimp, does anyone have any experience about keeping these guys in a tank with fish? What sized fish will they try and eat? (Or better yet…
1 comments

what kind of shrimp is this?
bogdan32
Hello, I have many shrimp like the one in the photo but I do not know what breed he is.    
2 comments

Shallow and long?
Subtlefly
Hi team, So I am really excited by the unreal shallow aquscaped tanks that I see online and I love the idea of keeping shrimp.  I have some native red nosed shrimp breeding in a pond outside bu…
1 comments

Planaria?
Discusluv
I have a hard time recognizing if these are Planaria or something else. They are so small and even with bifocals Im half blind. To me they look rounded and white. Maybe you can take a look and help…
7 comments

Identify crayfish
Wilbergz
Hello Everyone,   I just got a new tank and put this little guy in along with some tetras. I forgot the name of this crayfish and cant seem to identify it. Hope someone can help me …
8 comments

need fish identification help
Jokes
My brother bought these and I noticed they look like they might have amonia problems so I'm onto the water changes but wanna know what are these fish!?   are they some sort of emperor tetra or rasb…
2 comments

Best Places to Buy Shrimp/Snails in USA
clippergear
Hi, I'm in the USA and am looking for recommendations on the best places to purchase my shrimp and snails from. Where are the best places to purchase from online? I'm specifically looking for Blood…
6 comments

Blau Terra Activa, have you heard of it?
Ludwiggg17
Hello everybody, has anyone heard of Blau Aquaristic and more importantly the Terra Activa Aqua Soil they sell? I have no way of telling if this would be a good or ok substrate as I have not found …
3 comments

Maturing, not Cycling a Tank
clippergear
Hi, I'm in the process of cycling a new tank and would like to mature it before adding shrimp. So, after it completely cycles, I'd like for the tank to just sit and run for a month or so for it to …
4 comments

Shrimp very pale and then disappeared? Need help!!
MrCactus99
Hi everyone! This is my first time posting, nice to meet you all. So I've had 2 Amanos and 4 Neocaridinas for 3 months now. I have a planted no-filter tank. I've dealt with Vorticella and Scutar…
9 comments

NEED CRS HELP
Jokes
okay guys ive got a seasoned tank ready to go with plants and fluval shrimp/plant mix soil(costed me $240 for a 200l tank ? )my tank is 6.5 ph which i hear is in the range for crs,im using melbourn…
9 comments

Strange parasites appear in my shrimp tank
Dimos
Hi all, I am having trouble with some parasites that appeared in my shrimp tank a while ago. They look something between a shrimp and a bug and they swim differently than shrimps. Please take a…
17 comments

Help please
Able
So IV been Breeding Guppies for the past couple years pretty successfully. But I recently wanted to get into the shrimp hobby so I try to get my water parameters correct and I have added some ch…
54 comments

Tips on mailing shrimp
Chiquarius
Hello shrimp keepers, I live in the United States. Lately, the United States Postal Service has been struggling under some immense pressure. I have been mailing very well packed juvenile sh…
6 comments

new shrimp delayed in mail
arcticwolf
May 2, 2020 delayed In Transit, Arriving Late I ordered 30 high quality yellow neos from a top breeder in the US ... LRBretz aquatics ... i got other shrimp from in the past ...he has w…
8 comments

Neocaridina 5 gallon tank setup.
Blazepelt
Hi everyone, It’s been months since I last posted something on SKF and I feel I’ve missed out on so much. I hope everyone is safe in the current situation. Anyway I’ve had this 5 gallon aquariu…
6 comments

Thanks and talk to you soon!
Cesar
SKFAquatics.com
Owner/Admin

P.S. Feel free to send me a PM or email if you have any suggestions, concerns or questions.

You can unsubscribe by clicking on: https://skfaquatics.com/forum/settings/?area=newsletters