Need a male...lineage recs

NP21

So I have 5 Bloody Mary Sakura females (maybe one male in there but unlikely) and I’d like to add in a male just to keep the population going. Definitely not trying to sell or create too massive of a colony.

The place I got the females from just doesn’t have many (or any) males available. When I purchased the shrimp I asked for a couple males but likely didn’t get any (juvenile females).

So what other lineage would you consider adding that wouldn’t alter color too much or would potentially lead to other colors? I realize a Bloody Mary male would be ideal, but I’m not sure one is available locally to me.

I suppose I could also try and order some online as well if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Where are you from if you don’t mind saying 

• Like 1

Hold out until you find male Bloody Marys. You don't want to alter the BM lineage. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, NP21 said:

Portland, OR area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, alright. Just asking cause I actually have A few tang tigers I ordered by mistake. 

EDIT- Oh sorry bro, idk what I was reading lol. For some reason I thought you where considering ordering some tang tigers, and I was offering to send you some if needed. But I just reread your post and it says nothing like that

Edited by Danky808
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have the opposite problem... too many males. Bought some Black Rose. 15 males and 5 females. Dumped 10 males in my cull tank.

• 3 months later...

its been a while but ive seen some good LFS stock of BMs in the PDX area. Also, the aquaswap reddit has been successful in myself finding local breeders.  Hopefully within a year ill have some strong lineages myself to sell.