Sign in to follow this  
lnox

Worm type creature?

lnox

Hi,

I've had shrimps for quite sometime now and I've found a particular worm in one of my red cherry tanks. I'm trying to figure out what it is. I know it's not planeria. Can someone please help ID this photo? In the photo where it's yellow those are it's babies. I've already remove it and start to dose no planeria.

20200405_171730.jpg

• Like 1

sdlTBfanUK

I think this s a leech, I have had them in the past and usually just remove them manually. Mine came into the tank on leaves I took from an outdoor pond so stopped using those. I don't think they are a problem as I only ever saw a couple and never had a mass ourbreak, but maybe that was just luck and the fact I got them out quickly! They are gross.... The no planaria may help, I also had hydra and used SL Aqua  - Z1 to clear the hydra and maybe it killed any leeches as well(?), as it kills planaria!

I would try just removing them as you see them if the No Planaria doesn't work and see how it goes for now. I doubt they are harmful to shrimp normally?

Simon

• Like 1

lnox

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply, i do agree they mean no harm with the shrimps as the tank is really thriving. I think i got them through a bunch of Malaysian Trump Snails that came along with the shrimps. other than that they're really an eye sore and also creepy looking. i definitely don't want them getting them attach to my hand while I'm cleaning the tank LOL.

I'm on day 3 of dosing the tank, I'll let you know the outcome if No Planaria has gotten rid of them.

• Like 1