SKFAquatics Monthly Digest 05 April 2020

skfadmin

SKF newsletter is full of great new posts this month! We welcome all our new shrimp keepers! 

#########################
Own a pet? SKF has a new sister forum all about pets. Yes, dogs, cats, birds and even horses. Come on over and create your account and post a question or just say Hi!

https://petforums.org/

Help us get the new forum started, click the link above, register and make a post.

Thank you!
#########################

Popular Posts

Unexplained deaths
LCM94
Hello I have an issue for which I cannot the answer. I've had caridinas for a few years now, but recently built a new tank (116l) with lots of moss, tech soil (shrimp king from dennerle), roots…
23 comments

CRS Tank Log
Lizzy
Just a thread where I can share photos of my CRS tank and shrimp. I got the original CRS in November ‘18 and they have been breeding fairly consistently since.  Sorry the photos aren’t great. T…
47 comments

Baby shrimps
beanbag
Hello folks, One of my berried RWP finally hatched babies after a 48 day incubation period.  That seems really long, but I guess the water temperature was on the cool side at 66F over most of t…
20 comments

Help - Novice Shrimpkeeper
Angela
Hi there, About 6 weeks ago I set up a Biorb 8L tank with artificial decor, put in a pre-sponge filter to make my filter shrimp safe and did my best to cycle it (made some rookie mistakes with …
9 comments

Airstone or Venturi?
edishrimp
Hey everyone! Been awhile since I've had the time to post actively on this forum but i was just wondering if anyone knows if an airstone or a venturi attachement (like the Eheim power diffusor)…
4 comments

Beginner question.
Volhamyr
I am just getting started with shrimp. My s/o is fully on board with giving me the basement for the tanks.  That being said I have an empty 55 gal. And am looking to make a substantial tank purchas…
3 comments

Native caridina species breeding project!
Crabby
Hey everyone, I was recently (meaning today) given the opportunity to set up a breeding tank for some native inverts (or some harder to breed fish I guess, but I want to go for shrimp) in a fis…
15 comments

Celestial Pearl Danios
jayc
Just bought myself some Celestial Pearl Danios ! 12 of them. 4 males and the rest females. Unfortunately, no photos yet. They are super shy and have not coloured up yet. Love these litt…
5 comments

Offspring question
warpp8787
Hi Guys, I recently set up a galaxy tiger tank (been going with the shrimp in for 2 months almost) and in these strange times one of the females got berried. I've never had such advanced shrimp…
9 comments

culling males
pastu
hi all, a question that have  always plagued me. when a fertile female has moulted I observe the thank  in search of  dancing undesirable males  and remove them, leaving the ones I like ,to   m…
4 comments

Latest Forum Posts

Unexplained deaths
LCM94
Hello I have an issue for which I cannot the answer. I've had caridinas for a few years now, but recently built a new tank (116l) with lots of moss, tech soil (shrimp king from dennerle), roots…
23 comments

Help - Novice Shrimpkeeper
Angela
Hi there, About 6 weeks ago I set up a Biorb 8L tank with artificial decor, put in a pre-sponge filter to make my filter shrimp safe and did my best to cycle it (made some rookie mistakes with …
9 comments

Airstone or Venturi?
edishrimp
Hey everyone! Been awhile since I've had the time to post actively on this forum but i was just wondering if anyone knows if an airstone or a venturi attachement (like the Eheim power diffusor)…
4 comments

Celestial Pearl Danios
jayc
Just bought myself some Celestial Pearl Danios ! 12 of them. 4 males and the rest females. Unfortunately, no photos yet. They are super shy and have not coloured up yet. Love these litt…
5 comments

Back in the game
smicko
Hi all, im back, some people may remember me from years ago. I only have a few tanks at the moment but they are multiplying fast lol the first pic is some reds I have been breeding back up …
4 comments

losing red cherry shrimp
abbytherookiehuman
i set up a planted 31 gallon freshwater aquarium around July/August last year and introduced ten red cherry shrimp in November from one seller and about 5 more a couple weeks later along with maybe…
5 comments

Help! Ghost shrimp keep dying after addition to tank. Copper poisoning?
ThePurple12
Hello. I'm an experienced aquarist, but fairly new to shrimp keeping.  I bought 20 healthy ghost shrimp from Petsmart and put them in a 2 gallon tank (temporary, as I wanted to feed them to my …
15 comments

New Tangerine Tigers!
Crabby
Exciting news: I just purchased 15 tangerine tiger shrimp from a local breeder, in exchange for some of my abundance of endler fry. I’m starting the drip acclimation now, along with my other two tt…
3 comments

Meet my new Betta!!! Any suggestions to put with him?
ryanfleming
Well... I think this is an elephant ear betta, but if I’m wrong, my bad, I picked him up yesterday, and I think he’s beautiful. Not sure if I want to name him, because I’ll get too attached to him, an…
10 comments

Yellow fluff on black rose’s belly
Shrimpydinkidoo
Hello, can anyone tell me what is it? First I thought it was eggs. Shrimp is currently under quarantine ? what’s the best way to treat it? Thanks in advance!  
2 comments

BBA infestation - How do I fix??
Crabby
Hey shrimpers, I’ve had an algae problem for a while now in my 29 gallon aquarium (110L), but recently the BBA has taken over way too much. It’s on literally everything. I would have treated wi…
4 comments

Leaves from the grocery store?
rabbitsnfoxes
I went out and sourced some fresh banana leaves, mint, and dandelion leaves from my local Asian grocery store today.  I would normally get these things from my garden, but nothing has leafed out ye…
5 comments

Native Caridina breeding advice
Ludwiggg17
Hey all, so im thinking about a breeding project for a species of native caridina in my area. I would like to ask if anyone here has had any experience breeding a wild caridina with the aim of crea…
6 comments

Weird water
ryanfleming
Woke up to cloudy water in my tank for the first time in a long time. I thought BB but wasn’t sure. Fish seemed to breathing fairly normally, maybe the slightest bit faster. I thought maybe I filled t…
6 comments

Diseased shrimp?
milos
Hi all, this is my first post,i have 100l aquarium with fishes and 4 Amano shrimps inside. They are more than 1 year old. Yesterday i noticed something wrong with one of them, since the situati…
4 comments

Weird Bugs In My Tank
sriv4457
So I found two of these bugs in my shrimp tank does anyone know what they are? I also found some other things that look like eggs and I know they’re not from my shrimp, Maybe they’re from my Rams H…
4 comments

Bugs in my substrate
docque
I posted this video and I am seeing things crawling around the substrate. It is a time lapsed video and you can spot them. I took another yesterday and there are tons more. Are these the harmless b…
11 comments

Camera tips
docque
I am looking for a camera to take pictures with. Cheap point and shoot is best for me. I own a nice Canon camera with a macro lens and it doesn't work for crap. My son has a Samsung phone that take…
1 comments

I Understand the Why, but not the How - Bacteria Bloom (solved, Thanks!)
VLad22
I'm going to update the main post with the info in case anyone comes across this in the future, saves reading the entire thread. If you get a bacteria bloom in an established shrimp tank - think…
15 comments

Thanks and talk to you soon!
Cesar
SKFAquatics.com
Owner/Admin

P.S. Feel free to send me a PM or email if you have any suggestions, concerns or questions.

You can unsubscribe by clicking on: https://skfaquatics.com/forum/settings/?area=newsletters