Celestial Pearl Danios

jayc

Just bought myself some Celestial Pearl Danios !

12 of them. 4 males and the rest females.

Unfortunately, no photos yet. They are super shy and have not coloured up yet.

Love these little fellas. They are so interesting. Same parameters as my shrimp tanks, but it's not going into any tank with shrimps, yet. 

• Like 2

Good for you and look forward to seeing them soon. I have had them in the past but they were a bit too shy, I may not have had sufficient  numbers so rarely saw them but they were very pretty when I got to see them!

Unfortunately I placed my order for the mosquito and dwarf spotted rasboras a few days too late, and we went into lockdown over here so I am going to have to wait a while for those, would have been nice to have them here, but the reality is lockdown doesn't affect me personally at all being home 24/7 anyway.

What size will the tank be, I have ordered 6+6 and they are going into 35L tank, I may have too many? I allowed for a couple of deaths!

Simon

The CPD are in a 3 ft tank, shallow tank, about 80L.

It's heavily planted, so they have heaps of places to hide. Maybe too much actually.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lizzy said:

Looking forward to some pics.

I will try.

They are super timid at the moment. Any movement in front of the tank, and they dart of to hid.

I bought them from https://nanotanksaustralia.com.au if you want to place an order. 6 for $30.

And they had quite a few when I was there. Best to check with them if they can ship in these times of lockdown.

• Like 2