Parasite ID?

stlcopperhead

Hi all, 

I’m confused about the ID on this parasite/infection my neo has. She has nothing on her head/rostrum at all...it seems to be mostly around her eggs, with some on her shell, off to the side.

I’ve done one salt dip on her already, and no change so far. 

I have some great pics of it, but even a single pic is apparently much to be posted here. Can someone help me out with that? Newbie, here. ?

• Sad 1

No. So far I haven’t seen any examples of it, not exactly. If I could Frankenstein from multiple parasites, I’d have it! Lol. 

Wish I could post a pic. I tried to change my phone’s settings and was unsuccessful. I have a great video of it, too. ☹️

• Like 1

Can you upload the video on YouTube maybe? Not too hard. Then link it here.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, stlcopperhead said:

Oh, good idea. Dur!

Alternatively you can always post it on a free hosting website and provide the link.

However, we encourage people to sign up for Platinum membership, which removes all upload restrictions (within reasonable limits). And it really helps out with maintenance of this site. If you find the resources here worthwhile, it's a good idea to support the site.

Had a look at your vid. That's fungus.

Malachite Green should do the job.

Edited by jayc
  • Like 1

Not sure if you realised jayc but copper did include a video link already. I checked it out but I have no idea whatsoever. Which makes sense, because the only diseases I know are ones that people post about on here ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crabby said:

Not sure if you realised jayc but copper did include a video link already

Yes I saw the link to the video. It was a shameless plug for SKFA to encourage more memberships. It helps the site keep running. I'm sure @Cesar would agree, as he runs this site.

5 minutes ago, Crabby said:

the only diseases I know are ones that people post about on here ?

Well ... read the Diseases and Diagnostics thread from start to finish and you will be an expert on the subject. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jayc said:

.Had a look at your vid. That's fungus.

Malachite Green should do the job.

You sure? This is pure white...all of the others I saw were green or yellow.

• Like 1

Very good video, lovely and clear.

This isn't an area I am experienced with, but the colour of the fluff may be related to the colour of the eggs ?

Simon

• Like 1

I don’t think so—not if it’s a fungus. I could be wrong since I don’t know exactly what it is.

I can’t seem to find a single pic of this on another shrimp; it’s bizarre. 

• Like 1