Weird Bugs In My Tank

sriv4457

So I found two of these bugs in my shrimp tank does anyone know what they are? I also found some other things that look like eggs and I know they’re not from my shrimp, Maybe they’re from my Rams Horn Snails? If anyone knows let me know.E967EEAB-8FCF-4BB1-AD99-202F1C1740EB.thumb.jpeg.b3fab4cf6b8609f89f7782fbf8d30b35.jpeg
F414F8C8-E5B0-474B-90CB-2FFCF95F2EFA.thumb.jpeg.95b6085a513cc17f3ed2db537dfd336a.jpeg

4EE67038-F4B8-4BC2-9C7A-DF6CCB57E11D.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi, welcome to the forum! The eggs look identical to bladder snail eggs to me - a snail I think of as a blessing and a curse. They have a beautiful shell and a nice colour to their flesh, but they will take over a tank in a matter of weeks. This mostly happens when you have a surplus of food, algae, or fish/shrimp waste. Snails will generally self-moderate to the amount of food/waste in a tank (so they will die off if there is not enough, and keep breeding if there is too much). I hated these to begin with, and now I have found peace with my pest snails ?

This is probably your only chance to get rid of them, now, otherwise you could be stuck trying to get rid of them for a while, with no results.

In terms of the bug I have absolutely no idea. Jayc might though, he always seems to know ?

• Like 1

Looks like a Scud, no not the missile scud, the Gammarus Scud.

Google it for a clearer picture and compare it to what you have.

And those are definitely snail eggs.

• Like 1

Thank you guys so much for the help! I got rid of the snails eggs asap and looked up pictures of scuds and it was an exact match, appreciate the help so much. ?

• Like 1