Is my crayfish male or female?

nshin3023

Hi nshin !

Amazing photo. Why does it look like an xray or the shell of a moulted crayfish?

I can't tell if that is a female or male in that shot.

It's harder to tell with crayfish, as their shells are not transparent like some shrimps. If it was, you might be able to see a "saddle" of eggs behind the rostrum. It's not until they are berried, and carrying eggs on their swimmerettes taht you can be certain.

4 minutes ago, jayc said:

Hi nshin !

Amazing photo. Why does it look like an xray or the shell of a moulted crayfish?

It's harder to tell with crayfish, as their shells are not transparent like some shrimps. If it was, you might be able to see a "saddle" of eggs behind the rostrum. It's not until they are berried, and carrying eggs on their swimmerettes taht you can be certain.

Hey, it’s a “white crayfish”, plus like i said its only a month old baby but here look i got two of them and this is the other one. Is it a pair of male and female?

851946C7-9991-4899-AECC-8560D66A0E68.jpeg

6 minutes ago, jayc said:

Hi nshin !

Here are both of them 

6C8A6AE2-AEF8-4795-853A-6785BF22FFAC.jpeg

3AE46484-2474-4233-AA9F-49E68D0BDCE5.jpeg

It may be a little early to be 100% sure but I would say you have a pair! First picture female and second male, so hopefully you wanted a pair to breed?

Great clear photos!

Simon

6 hours ago, jayc said:

If it's only a month old, then it will probably be too early to tell.

Nah i posted it on reddit 4 people were able to tell me it was a female, educate yourself then comment please

4 hours ago, sdlTBfanUK said:

It may be a little early to be 100% sure but I would say you have a pair! First picture female and second male, so hopefully you wanted a pair to breed?

Great clear photos!

Simon

Thank you so much! ? i posted it on reddit also and I got much more clear of an answer there!