10 gallon tank update!!!

Frosty

So I recently added some nice wood and rocks to my 10 gallon aquarium it’s looking great and all the fish look happy.

The guppies are going great I have a trio of Emerald Moscow’s both females are pregnant and one is due to drop in a week or so.

I also bought some Corydoras and am wondering about a weird silver blob on one’s stomach I believe she is the only female as she is larger than the others anyone have any idea on what it is? She is an albino bronze Corydora. 

Here’s some photos:

C23C283D-F152-4C36-9A5F-FD5006406D96.jpeg

40A09130-1A15-4A08-9775-9A85E11B2C13.jpeg

AC137DD7-765A-42A4-AA43-42DB2C66DFF0.jpeg

491D73EC-0968-4E5F-B4D6-C612513C481D.jpeg

image.jpg

• Like 2

Well if it is a female I guess there’s a chance that she could be holding eggs. Just a guess.

Found the following photo on the internet, comparing males to females. You can see that bit of silver in the female. 

EF4FD7F3-DD0E-46D6-B61E-73EB449493E2.jpeg

Edited by Crabby
  • Like 1

Yeah I haven’t been able to find anything on eggs with just a quick search.

• Like 2

I just realised all of the Corys have the bulging silver belly is it a disease or are they constipated?

• Like 1

Always good to get some photos!!!!!!

I am not an expert on Corydora, I've never had one but have doe a bit of looking around. I would say that the fish looks pregnant and it looks 'alarming' as it is a grey/black colour on an albino fish, but most cory are grey so it wouldn't notice as much if at all?

I found this video which may be helpful,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLpDnedZs0Q

There was another very short but not very good video where they put the pregnant fish in a breeder box and then when the fish had the eggs they put the fish back in the tank. That would make getting the eggs a lot easier?

Hopefully the fish are just pregnant and not sick?

Simon

• Like 1

Wow would that mean he has 4 pregnant fish? Maybe you need to get a male now Blaze and get the eggs fertilised! I thought cories were a little harder to breed, but that would be awesome. I don’t know if @KillieOrCory is lurking and has an opinion from experience?

• Like 1

Yeah I don’t think they’re all holding eggs but it would be cool if they did.

• Like 1