SKFAquatics Monthly Digest 30 January 2020

skfadmin

SKF newsletter is full of great new posts this month! We welcome all our new shrimp keepers! 

Sponsored By: TropicalFish.io - https://tropicalfish.io 

Popular Posts

Aquamaxx 17.1 Gallon Caridina Tank Build
Steensj2004
Not sure if people do build threads around here,  OR if I’m allowed, but here we go.   Thanks to the wonderful guys in this forum,  I’ve already purchased (2) additional tanks. One(9.6 gall…
240 comments

Video of Seed Shrimp and Ramshorn interacting
Dashrimp
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vSxPM7PkOmYtP4RdBsGUkBKuVD39dgSa/view?usp=drivesdk  
3 comments

My 110 L Community Tank
Crabby
Hey guys, I thought I’d just make a single topic for my community tank, so I stop running around in other chats asking the same questions ?. I’m going thru a big change in the tank at the moment, s…
33 comments

Looking for some kind of inter-tank filter + circulation system
Chiquarius
Hello, Perhaps there is a thread here on this, but I wasn’t sure what search terms to use. I have 4 shrimp breeding tanks next to each other in a pretty chilly basement. I have two whispere…
7 comments

Here we go again!
sdlTBfanUK
I have now pretty much set up the shrimp tank afresh. The layout isn't 100% yet as I am testing a piece of rock for the week which I will test if it has any affect on Ph at the weekend when it has …
50 comments

Real or fake amano shrimp?
asquirrel
Hi folks, I just went and bought an amano shrimp at Petco last night. I'm looking at him / her and although the shape looks right, it doesn't have any telltale markings of an amano shrimp (eithe…
3 comments

bee shrimps with eggs
kms
It may be a stupid question, but do bee shrimps need a male to have their eggs fertilized, I had a bee which berried last month and gave birth to 6 shrimplets, now they are about 5 mm is size, just…
245 comments

I came back from vacation and now my Ludwigia Arucata is yellowing
beanbag
Hello folks, This plant has lived in a jar with nothing added for at least 6+ months before I set up my current shrimp tank, and it was fine. Then it grew for about 3 months since I set up …
5 comments

Harvesting Live Foods from Local Waterways
Crabby
Hey folks, I've been thinking about feeding some live foods to my tanks, such as daphnia, cyclops, or some type of worm. But I live next to a river - so couldn't I just harvest some from there …
11 comments

Help ID freshwater snails
kerkc
I've had these snails in my tank for over a year and I don't know what kind they are. They're incredibly hardy and unknowingly got them attached to some plants I got at petsmart. If anyone can ID t…
3 comments

Latest Forum Posts

Video of Seed Shrimp and Ramshorn interacting
Dashrimp
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vSxPM7PkOmYtP4RdBsGUkBKuVD39dgSa/view?usp=drivesdk  
3 comments

Looking for some kind of inter-tank filter + circulation system
Chiquarius
Hello, Perhaps there is a thread here on this, but I wasn’t sure what search terms to use. I have 4 shrimp breeding tanks next to each other in a pretty chilly basement. I have two whispere…
7 comments

Real or fake amano shrimp?
asquirrel
Hi folks, I just went and bought an amano shrimp at Petco last night. I'm looking at him / her and although the shape looks right, it doesn't have any telltale markings of an amano shrimp (eithe…
3 comments

Help ID freshwater snails
kerkc
I've had these snails in my tank for over a year and I don't know what kind they are. They're incredibly hardy and unknowingly got them attached to some plants I got at petsmart. If anyone can ID t…
3 comments

15l tank
Spongy
I have been super interested in letting my babies do what they want, my other half came home with what can only be a shrimp breeding tank. Hobby is going mental. Who to put in???? I have a blue jel…
2 comments

Rummynose Tetras Dying! Help!!!
Crabby
Hey all, so I was at an aquarium store yesterday with a mate, and they had a giant school (150+) of rummynose tetras in a tank that caught my eye. Now I’ve been thinking about getting rummynose…
5 comments

RCS shrimplet at 200x magnification
Dashrimp
RCS  shrimplet magnified about 200x sitting on gravel   https://drive.google.com/file/d/1moU2KcEaVuuzS8AtoBF9J_w1bZEYlXVN/view?usp=sharing
4 comments

I came back from vacation and now my Ludwigia Arucata is yellowing
beanbag
Hello folks, This plant has lived in a jar with nothing added for at least 6+ months before I set up my current shrimp tank, and it was fine. Then it grew for about 3 months since I set up …
5 comments

Shrimp id
Ludwiggg17
So I have a bunch of these wild/native shrimp i caught a few months back and i have been dying to know if these were neos or caridina. Shrimp characteristics: They don't have a lot of defin…
8 comments

Best Light for a Planted 5 Gal
Crabby
Hey folks, I’m setting up my new 5 gallon shrimp tank at the moment and I need a light. I thought I might throw my question out there for some suggestions after a few hours of failed research. …
7 comments

Nerite has a passenger
Dashrimp
I got a USB microscope for Christmas, which is amazing for checking out critters in my shrimp tank. I have a zebra nerite which I filmed sliding around munching algae at 200X magnification.  It cle…
3 comments

Nitrate/Ammonia/Nitrite Plant consumption
Blazepelt
i have recently started a 10 gallon aquarium and the tank seems to be cycled there is no ammonia and nitrites are low but my nitrates never spiked. i have a cryptocoryne and a red dwarf alta in the…
4 comments

Harvesting Live Foods from Local Waterways
Crabby
Hey folks, I've been thinking about feeding some live foods to my tanks, such as daphnia, cyclops, or some type of worm. But I live next to a river - so couldn't I just harvest some from there …
11 comments

White film/algae on heater.
Blazepelt
While I have been cycling my 10 gallon the heater has been building up some clear white film on the bottom cap of my heater I scraped it off but it reappeared in 24 hrs. What is this and is it bad?…
17 comments

Welcome Our New Members

Thanks and talk to you soon!
Cesar
SKFAquatics.com
Owner/Admin

P.S. Feel free to send me a PM or email if you have any suggestions, concerns or questions.

You can unsubscribe by clicking on: https://skfaquatics.com/forum/settings/?area=newsletters