SKFAquatics Monthly Digest 31 December 2019

skfadmin

SKF newsletter is full of great new posts this month! We welcome all our new shrimp keepers! 

Sponsored By: TropicalFish.io - https://tropicalfish.io 

Popular Posts

Aquamaxx 17.1 Gallon Caridina Tank Build
Steensj2004
Not sure if people do build threads around here,  OR if I’m allowed, but here we go.   Thanks to the wonderful guys in this forum,  I’ve already purchased (2) additional tanks. One(9.6 gall…
143 comments

I'm away for 2 weeks
jayc
Hi All, FYI. I will be away overseas for 2 weeks starting from the 2nd of Jan 2020. I'll check in if and when I can. But you are in good hands with Simon and Cesar.
6 comments

Stocking a 5 Gallon
Crabby
Hey folks! So I got myself a little 5 gallon (20L) recently (it was free!) to use for quarantine. I’m going to use it to qt some cory cats and maybe some tetras or gouramis for my community tan…
18 comments

Please help me with growth on catfish!
ryanfleming
Hey all, nice to meet everyone.  Been busy the last few days and haven’t payed 100% attention to the fish. I noticed that this Cory has a strange red growth coming off its fin. I assumed it’s somethin…
20 comments

10 Gallon Community
Blazepelt
hi everyone last night i added some gravel to my cycling 10 gallon so the bacteria would have another place to grow however today i tested the ph on the tank and it is 7.4 its usually 7, i checked …
21 comments

Please Help! Vorticella won't die no matter what I do
lambsauce
Hi everyone, I know this is sudden but I created this account out of desperate need of help from seasoned shrimpkeepers like yourself. I have had a vorticella infestation for about 2 months now and…
18 comments

Plant turning brown
Des33Rae
I got a new plant like 2 weeks ago. All my other plants are thriving, but this one seems to be dying. Lots turning yellowish/ brown from the bottom up and it just keeps getting larger patches going…
9 comments

bee shrimps with eggs
kms
It may be a stupid question, but do bee shrimps need a male to have their eggs fertilized, I had a bee which berried last month and gave birth to 6 shrimplets, now they are about 5 mm is size, just…
240 comments

Is it okay to cycle with a filter?
Blazepelt
I have recently started shrimp cycling my 10 gallon and am wondering should the tank be heated or have the filter on?
7 comments

Happy Holidays SKF 2019
Cesar
Just wanted to take a moment to wish all of you a great holiday season. I would like to thank you and all members for contributions made to SKF.  I would especially like to thank and show grati…
5 comments

Latest Forum Posts

I'm away for 2 weeks
jayc
Hi All, FYI. I will be away overseas for 2 weeks starting from the 2nd of Jan 2020. I'll check in if and when I can. But you are in good hands with Simon and Cesar.
6 comments

Stocking a 5 Gallon
Crabby
Hey folks! So I got myself a little 5 gallon (20L) recently (it was free!) to use for quarantine. I’m going to use it to qt some cory cats and maybe some tetras or gouramis for my community tan…
18 comments

10 Gallon Community
Blazepelt
hi everyone last night i added some gravel to my cycling 10 gallon so the bacteria would have another place to grow however today i tested the ph on the tank and it is 7.4 its usually 7, i checked …
21 comments

Please help me with growth on catfish!
ryanfleming
Hey all, nice to meet everyone.  Been busy the last few days and haven’t payed 100% attention to the fish. I noticed that this Cory has a strange red growth coming off its fin. I assumed it’s somethin…
20 comments

Is it okay to cycle with a filter?
Blazepelt
I have recently started shrimp cycling my 10 gallon and am wondering should the tank be heated or have the filter on?
7 comments

Happy Holidays SKF 2019
Cesar
Just wanted to take a moment to wish all of you a great holiday season. I would like to thank you and all members for contributions made to SKF.  I would especially like to thank and show grati…
5 comments

Do I need a chiller?
Blazepelt
I have recently purchased a 10 gallon tank and the place it’s going isn’t in direct sunlight but the room will get up to 32 degrees during the summer. Do I need a chiller?
12 comments

Glass cracked
Blazepelt
Hi all does anyone have a quick fix for an aquarium leak? I recently picked up a free 5 gal tank and filled it up ready to start cycling. I then noticed a tiny puddle leaking out from one of the co…
4 comments

Shrimp Cycle Confusion
Blazepelt
I am about to start shrimp cycling a 10 gallon tank and have a friend with some media. Should I wait for the media or start now?
4 comments

pH has dropped suddenly...
Crabby
Hey all, I measured the tank parameters yesterday for my 29 gal community, and I was shocked when my pH read around 6.2. I don’t use a buffering substrate, and don’t use RO or rainwater, just d…
7 comments

Back Stripe Just a Genetic Trait?
Jay_Walker
Apologies if this topic has been covered. A number of my neos, of all colors, display a prominent back stripe (see picture). It is more prominent in some over others. Is this just a genetic trait o…
5 comments

Shrimp pics!
ShrimpDesigns
After buying a macro lens for my brother's camera I have really enjoyed taking photos of some of my shrimp Here are a few from Today. Plenty more on @shrimplabs on instagram though ? IMG_31…
6 comments

Plant turning brown
Des33Rae
I got a new plant like 2 weeks ago. All my other plants are thriving, but this one seems to be dying. Lots turning yellowish/ brown from the bottom up and it just keeps getting larger patches going…
9 comments

Everything was going great for 2 months and suddenly a shrimp died
beanbag
Hello folks, This is in regards to my TB tank that has had shrimp for about 2 months now.  The shrimp came in two batches from different vendors - one was two BKK and the other was a bunch of RWP …
6 comments

Is Quarantine Necessary? (with nano fish)
Crabby
Hey all. So, I'm getting some cory cats in the near future, and I want to know if I need to quarantine them. I know a guy at my lfs really well, and I trust the store, so I might be able to get…
10 comments

Crayfish Molt Question
Sawyer
Hello everyone.   So, I'm very new to crayfish keeping, I've only had my big guy and his tank mates for a few months now. I didn't impulse buy him, no worries, a friend of my family didn't …
7 comments

Can anyone tell me what this is?
supermansteve32
Hi. I recently bought some hornwart plants online. I stuck one in my tank before cleaning and there's this insect on it I've never seen before. Gonna try to upload video.  I've found 5 so far
12 comments

Care and maintenance for an older tank
beanbag
Hello folks, This question is regarding my other shrimp tank, which is 10 months old now and 2.5 gallon.  It only has two amanos and one blue bolt who is as old as the tank plus however old it …
3 comments

Trying to breed the blue-bodied red rili
Chiquarius
Hello, I read somewhere that if you cross blue dream or blue believer/jelly shrimp with red rilis, you can end up with similar offspring, with a few red rilis who have blue bodies. I thought th…
5 comments

Thanks and talk to you soon!
Cesar
SKFAquatics.com
Owner/Admin

P.S. Feel free to send me a PM or email if you have any suggestions, concerns or questions.

You can unsubscribe by clicking on: https://skfaquatics.com/forum/settings/?area=newsletters