Dashrimp

I have 18 shrimp in a 90l tank. They have never shown much interest in any food I give them. I give them a pinch of spirulina every 3 days and three or four pellets of JBL Novo Prawn.

I've tried blanched vegetables, hibiscus flowers etc and the ignore them all. Dies this mean they have enough biofilm?

I have thousands of detritus worms, including some which are swimming about in the water column, which would suggest I am overfeeding, though this seems hard to imagine with the tiny amount I am putting in.  

A couple of RCS females are berried so I am reluctant to give up the spirulina as I don't want the shrimplets to lack food when they arrive.

• Like 1

That is a big tank as shrimp tanks go so there is probably enough biofilm for them! If you aren't seeing any deaths then I would stop the Novo prawn and just carry on with the spirulina.

If they aren't interested in packet food or even blanched veges (my shrimp aren't either) that to me is an indication the tank has enough biofilm/natural food for the shrimp!

I also assume the spirulina is food for the daphnia? Glad it is all going well! 

Simon  

Edited by sdlTBfanUK

I found it hard to feed the daphnia enough without polluting the tank so i transferred the daphnia to a plastic bucket

• Like 1

My daphnia are in a tiny 2L old plastic reptile tank and doing very well at the moment! I can't keep them in the summer indoors though, so hopefully they will survive indoors through the winter?

The betta loves chasing them when they go into his tank for food.................

Simon

• Like 1