Cherry Shrimp

Perry

G'day,

I have been onto Youtube looking for the ideal water Parameters for Cherry Shrimp. Some of them veary.  Now I have subscribed to this Forum I thought I would ask the guys with the most experience.

Also what is the recommended size tank & light.

I have a good set of Water Metres.  Also the recommended food.

Cheers Perry

Edited by Perry
Forgot Something
  • Like 1

This video has EVERYTHING you will want to know so is a great starting place (you may already have seen it if you have been looking at youtube) but the parameters they show are the right ones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pO6iJPbmdk

Of course we look forward to hearing what you have set up and glad to answer any questions!

Tank size is really something that depends on what you want as they will be ok in any size pretty much. I started with a 15L and that went too well and am now using a 35L and the light would depend on what size of tank? Shrimps don't need deep water so bear that in mind as a lot of fish tanks are quite tall and really that means you have a lot of vacant/empty area, unless you only partly fill it?

Simon

• Like 1

G'day Simon,

Thank you for your reply.  The Youtube video was very informative and interesting. I have a 2' tank with Red Cherry Shrimp and they are breeding well.  I purchase 10 Dark Blue Cherry ship this week and I have them in a 1' Tank.  Once I know that they have survived and breeding I will transfer them to a 2' Tank.

In my 2' Tank I had a problem with Hair Algae but am treating that .  It was suggested I use a Tube Brush to remove the algae.  I have found that by using that I have removed most of it.

Now that I have the best water parameters I can work on that.

I am so pleased I found this Web Site it has helped me to get started in my new shrimp hobby.

Cheers Perry  

• Like 2