Being nosy

Elkwatcher

My all time favourite fish are Rams..  this sweet GBR curiosity got the best of him.  

Ram checking out Molt copy.jpg

• Like 3

Awesome! I remember the first time I saw GBR's at the LFS... I had to have them... I ended up picking a male and a female by chance... At first I was worried, they both settled in a corner, I thought maybe they were stressed and I was going to lose them... Then the male started picking up pebbles and moving them creating a crater in the corner of the tank, next morning I had eggs and the man did they guard their corner well! That was a long time ago, thanks for bringing back that memory!

• Like 2

@Cesar  I'm  raising Bolivian fry as we speak.  They colour up beautifully when  spawning.   In with Pepper Cory's... the parents put the chase on them!   I've moved the dozen fry that are left into a quarantine tank for rearing.  They all have fat little pink bellies filled with live baby brine shrimp. ?

216558740_RamParents2.jpg.85b0ea19e97489496640332d18376f66.jpg

763329662_BreedingcolourRam.jpg.91471b97bb4e9f0896bdaa69cd43b4f1.jpg

171909685_RambabiesandParent.jpg.5cb4dfda5c08e246cd09a17c18facb6b.jpg

Edited by Elkwatcher
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

The Ram bebe's are growing!  There were over 100 to start in the main tank and I turkey basted a baker's dozen into my quarantine tank.  My first egg to fish experience.  I am culling the weakest and hope to get down to 10 as I would like to keep them.  I've read a good ratio is 3 females to 1 male for compatible mates?  I won't find that out until they are almost full grown unfortunately.  Now when they spawn I take the rock and scrape the eggs right into the Giant Danio tank, they seem to like caviar!  ? 

When the fry have eaten enough live BBS they get wonderful pink bellies!

Cichlid Fry j.pg.jpg

Cichlid Fry Trio 3.jpg

Cichlid Blue 5.jpg

Cichlid Face 1.jpg

Dark Tank 2.jpg

Edited by Elkwatcher
  • Like 4