Sign in to follow this  
24shrimp

ADA Amazonia light vs Africana

24shrimp

Hey Guys

I have had huge success with my Taiwan bee tanks, currently using HOB aquaclear , ADA Amazonia substrate, breeding very successfully..

but I am trying to set up another tank, my 6th tank actually¬†ūüėstand want a different colour substrate.¬†

I am worried about my ph, might be too low using africana or Amazonia light, has anyone had success with either it will be another pure TB tank.

Instagram @24shrimp

• Like 1

jayc
6 hours ago, 24shrimp said:

I am worried about my ph, might be too low using africana or Amazonia light

If you are worried that pH will drop too low, then Africana would be a better choice as that does not have the same pH lowering and buffering capabilities as Amazonia light.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Must Read SKF Articles

• Join Our Community!

Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

• sdlTBfanUK
      Very nice tank set up, lush and green! The ember tetras look great in it as well. It is good to hear it is all going well and maybe the shrimp are slowing breeding as it is winter where you are so don't panic, hopefully the berried shrimp will give you a few shrimplets to watch soon! Simon
    • jayc
      Wow, nice tank!
    • Subtlefly
      Bundaberg, Qld
    • Lizzy
      Following this build. Looks cool Sub.  Sucks about your bad experience with the supplier. There is nothing worse than poor service.  Which State are you in? 
    • Lizzy
      Been a while since I posted as the forum was busted and I couldn't log in for ages. I hope everyone's well. I set up a new ADA Mini M for the CRS last month. It's still cycling. Plants are growing in nicely and I've ordered an Oase FiltosSmart 100 with the integrated heater for it. Ive always used Eheims with an inline heater and I can't wait to try the Oase out. My cube is growing well too. The Cherry shrimp in there are breeding prolifically which makes for challenging water changes as I try not to suck shrimplets out. I put 10 CRS culls in there the other day and I'll be interested to see how they fair.  The CRS took a long hiatus from breeding recently. I was worried my water quality had gone to poo. Spotted a female carrying the other day so all's good in the world.
√ó
√ó