Anyone own a Fluval Edge tank?

Cesar

Pros, Cons? Looking at the Fluval Edge 6 gallon, any and all info appreciated...

Thanks!

light is not very good, and I think you cannot put a timer for the light, the filter is good, as it uses the aquaclear, which I have a few of those, the best hang on filter in my opinion.

Pros: All-in-one. Built in - light and filter. Looks stylish. 

Cons: Built ins. Difficult to upgrade the light or the filter. Filter space is limited and does not hold as much Bio media as say an external canister. Need to be modded to ensure that baby shrimplets do not get sucked into the filter area.

Thanks! Sounds to me like I need to build out a rack and go with four or five good old glass/acrylic tanks with either a central filter or sponge filters... probably cost about the same...

Sent from my iPhone using Shrimp Keepers Forum

You are only paying for the looks, if its a must, the aquaclaer is a good filter, but you can remove it for a jayc say, add a canister filter. The light isnt very good, but you can add a light by placing it on the glass, but will spoil the look.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

K know I'm late to the party. 

I have one of these.   The light for the 12 gallon Edge is a bit more bright.  It's not high light by any means, but it does help some. 

For pros:  It looks really nice.  I have mine with black sand and some plants. I have java moss, a crypt, an anubias. 

Cons: You can't keep very many things in it.   Shrimp, a few snails. I've kept 3 black neon tetras in mine for a long time.  

If it's not level, you will get a bubble that you need to get rid of with a class cleaner after you fill it back up. 

If you are looking to use a sponge filter instead of a hob, then you will need to put it the middle of the tank.  It might look neat, or awful, depending on what you do with it. 

It can be heard to work when you want to plant something and for cleaning. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jayc said:

@Cesar, so what did you end up going with? The Fluval Edge or a rack setup?

Going with a rack, sold a few items to make room, still got to sell some odds and ends to make more room... gives me time to plan the build!

• Like 1