SKFAquatics Monthly Digest 27 September 2019

skfadmin

SKF newsletter is full of great new posts this month! We welcome all our new shrimp keepers! 

Sponsored By: TropicalFish.io - https://tropicalfish.io 

Popular Posts

Any ideas what worms are those
nicpapa
Hi there this is an old video , when i had those worms in the past in one tank. Now its 2 weeks i have them again in 3 tanks , of 22 tanks i keep . I feed them the same food, and i have gla…
14 comments

Platinum DAS
Grubs
This is a bit of a serendipitous project.  I've been breeding Darwin Algae Shrimp (DAS) Caridina sp. NTnilotica for a while now using salt water algae cultures to raise the larvae. I'm up to the F3…
17 comments

bee shrimps with eggs
kms
It may be a stupid question, but do bee shrimps need a male to have their eggs fertilized, I had a bee which berried last month and gave birth to 6 shrimplets, now they are about 5 mm is size, just…
196 comments

Dying shrimp
kvinnyy
I made the switch to ro water + remineralising with diy sulphate mix (ca, mg , potassium) because I was seeing less activity during the winter and thought it would be my water. My parameters initia…
11 comments

Betta Water Parameters
sdlTBfanUK
I am considering getting a betta, either for the existing fish tank, or I have a 15L which I could set up. Could someone please let me have preferred water parameters, ie GH, KH, PH, TDS ranges. I …
27 comments

Aquamaxx 17.1 Gallon Caridina Tank Build
Steensj2004
Not sure if people do build threads around here,  OR if I’m allowed, but here we go.   Thanks to the wonderful guys in this forum,  I’ve already purchased (2) additional tanks. One(9.6 gall…
38 comments

How to fight this single celled parasite?
Shrimpmaster
My biggest frustration in this hobby is when a well selected colony stats dying one by one. You can't stop it. You find one or two dead a day and the rest is slowing down. Sometimes a lucky few wil…
29 comments

Trouble breeding CRS
supermansteve32
Hi. I've had these CRS for about a year now and they get pregnant but usually the most that survive us one in each litter. Everything is normal and I do a 10%water change each week. They're all hea…
25 comments

Taiwan Bee Shrimp Tank Journal #2
ShrimpDesigns
Following the creation of Taiwan Bee Shrimp Tank Journal #1 (http://www.aquariumlife.com.au/showthread.php/68743-Taiwan-Bee-Shrimp-Tank-Journal), I have decided to set up another tank dedicated to …
4 comments

CRS Tank Log
Lizzy
Just a thread where I can share photos of my CRS tank and shrimp. I got the original CRS in November ‘18 and they have been breeding fairly consistently since.  Sorry the photos aren’t great. T…
24 comments

Latest Forum Posts

Any ideas what worms are those
nicpapa
Hi there this is an old video , when i had those worms in the past in one tank. Now its 2 weeks i have them again in 3 tanks , of 22 tanks i keep . I feed them the same food, and i have gla…
14 comments

Dying shrimp
kvinnyy
I made the switch to ro water + remineralising with diy sulphate mix (ca, mg , potassium) because I was seeing less activity during the winter and thought it would be my water. My parameters initia…
11 comments

Watch your drip tubes, shrimpers!
Blue Ridge
I got a batch of blue Neos yesterday and after 90 minutes I went to check the drip bucket. And the water level had gotten higher than the end of the airline tubing. Didn't expect they would do this…
3 comments

These serrata breed at a really small size
Blue Ridge
I've kept various Caridina cf. cantonensis and recently tried a few C serrata for a new (well, set up in April but new to shrimp) tank. They were home bred little juveniles, and I figured I had sev…
3 comments

Taiwan Bee Shrimp Tank Journal #2
ShrimpDesigns
Following the creation of Taiwan Bee Shrimp Tank Journal #1 (http://www.aquariumlife.com.au/showthread.php/68743-Taiwan-Bee-Shrimp-Tank-Journal), I have decided to set up another tank dedicated to …
4 comments

Varying pH readings
kvinnyy
Hi,  This might sound like a stupid question but I ran a couple of tests and noticed that the pH reading of water flowing out of my filter is akaline and has a pH of about 7.6... which is diffe…
5 comments

Automatic/adjustable aquarium heater
Chiquarius
Greetings shrimpkeepers, I have a 10 gallon tank in my basement. It gets very cool down there, especially in the winter. Right now the tank is unheated. I have some neos in there that seem to b…
6 comments

Shrimplets dying
I found one of my fire red shrimplets swimming erratically with his back arched up and i siphoned him out. Found some sort of white or clear hair or something growing out from the front of the shrimp.…
2 comments

Articles not loading when signed in
Grubs
I'm getting an error loading Articles but only when signed in to the forum.  Tested with  latest Firefox Quantum 69.0  and Edge.  Articles load perfectly  if I sign out, but not when signed in. …
2 comments

Shrimp tank cycling
Razzy
Hi, I'm cycling a tank ATM and I'm using Dr Tim's ammonia, stability and I do have prime. But I was wondering if prime would stall the cycle since the bacteria need ammonia to feed and prime tu…
4 comments

netherlands, aliexpres, tax, dutty
Mossvetica
Sorry for bad english. Hello to Holland. I want to ask a question. My brother lives in Holland. I would like to get wrgb90 for 230 dollars over aliexpres to the netherlands address soon…
4 comments

Trouble breeding CRS
supermansteve32
Hi. I've had these CRS for about a year now and they get pregnant but usually the most that survive us one in each litter. Everything is normal and I do a 10%water change each week. They're all hea…
25 comments

Ebay Chillers?
ShrimpDesigns
Anyone had experiences with theses? https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AU-220V-100W-Fish-Tank-Shrimp-Aquarium-Water-Chiller-Cooling-Cooler-Fan-Machine/332859999842?hash=item4d80008662:g:vwsAAOSwgYdb2L…
5 comments

Is this brown spot disease?
Fry4friends
Hello everyone,  ive had my Taiwan bees for maybe two months, and yesterday I found one of them dead. Part of the shell had turned drown and now I see this on another of the shrimp. I tired to …
13 comments

Aquamaxx 17.1 Gallon Caridina Tank Build
Steensj2004
Not sure if people do build threads around here,  OR if I’m allowed, but here we go.   Thanks to the wonderful guys in this forum,  I’ve already purchased (2) additional tanks. One(9.6 gall…
38 comments

Sudden Death
ricksza
I took a look at my shrimp tank this afternoon, all my Blue Dream shrimp are dead or dying. This is a 10 gallon divided tank sharing water. No dead shrimp on the red side at all. Water parameters a…
26 comments

injured shrimp due to cannibalistic tendencies
sam
recently I found one of my shrimps eating at another, I have since isolated the injured one and upped the amount of food being given to them. what should i do with the injured RCS? how long will it…
20 comments

Shrimp safe filter intake add-ons
Crabclaw
Hey guys, I’m going away for a few weeks and having a neighbour take care of my tank, as they are already gonna be caring for my cat during that period. I’ll be away for 2 and a half weeks, so not …
11 comments

Is this shrimp berried or is it fungus?
Echo
any input appreciated
4 comments

Thanks and talk to you soon!
Cesar
SKFAquatics.com
Owner/Admin

P.S. Feel free to send me a PM or email if you have any suggestions, concerns or questions.

You can unsubscribe by clicking on: https://skfaquatics.com/forum/settings/?area=newsletters