Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
nicpapa

Any ideas what worms are those

Recommended Posts

nicpapa

Hi there this is an old video , when i had those worms in the past in one tank.

Now its 2 weeks i have them again in 3 tanks , of 22 tanks i keep .

I feed them the same food, and i have glasses for feed them .

I dont want to use chemical because i dont want to die the same time all of those.

Any ideas what are those?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sdlTBfanUK

They just look like detritus worms to me, though I only have a small screen to see the video?

Simon

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jayc

Going to be difficult to get rid of it without using chemical.

Zero planaria uses a natural betel nut extract. And you can use half dose if you are worried.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nicpapa
9 hours ago, sdlTBfanUK said:

They just look like detritus worms to me, though I only have a small screen to see the video?

Simon

Are those so small and are in the water ?

I take some pics from the infected tank.

Also i leave a small filter if it can collect them but nothing.

Look in the photos how small they are , small tiny lines, yes its worms but what worms ?

In the left filter those are babies shrimps.

IMG_20190926_182533.thumb.jpg.e3b8c7b3aa1823bfa114b602d18e74bd.jpg

 

 

And the tank how it look... and how many they are. IMG_20190926_182917.thumb.jpg.593d331e118a11df0468fa77a6101757.jpg

9 hours ago, sdlTBfanUK said:

If you think it is Planaria then I used this for hydra and it didn't harm any fish/shrimp/assassin snail and really easy to use?

https://www.shrimpcorner.co.uk/home/sl-aqua-z1-planaria.html

Simon

No they are not planaria...

9 hours ago, jayc said:

Going to be difficult to get rid of it without using chemical.

Zero planaria uses a natural betel nut extract. And you can use half dose if you are worried.

I will try no planaria and see how it will go. But i want to know what worms are those , and how they get in the aquriums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nicpapa

and small video

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jayc

Good video, but I still don't know. They don't look like they are wriggling in the video.

It just looks like flakes.

Do they move/swim on their own?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nicpapa
3 hours ago, jayc said:

Good video, but I still don't know. They don't look like they are wriggling in the video.

It just looks like flakes.

Do they move/swim on their own?

yes they move, i saw them with  magnify glass, and they are only in the water not on surface

Open the fisrt image and zoom in to see how they  look

Edited by nicpapa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grubs
10 hours ago, nicpapa said:

and small video

They do not look like worms.  I think they are a large ciliate protozoan that is having a population boom for whatever reason.   I doubt they are harmful to the shrimp and if you wait it out the population will likely crash on its own.  You'd need to put some under a microscope to identify them properly.  I'd put some fish fry in the tank to eat them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jayc

worms.jpg.905f1f9d8959a404c4fe0bd4603f5f21.jpg

 

Here is a snapshot of your video. These are the worms, red arrow. These look like Detritus worms. You can google it to see how people get rid of them. Gravel vac is the safest, but from experience, gravel vac will never get rid of all of them. They are harmless, and live in the substrate eating waste. They start floating in the water when there are too many in the substrate.

But what is all that white stuff floating around, blue arrow? These don't look like they move. And it doesn't look like air bubbles. Ciliate protozoa might be it, if it's not flakes of food that you have added to the tank.

My fish fry would love some of that.

 

Edited by jayc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nicpapa
4 hours ago, jayc said:

worms.jpg.905f1f9d8959a404c4fe0bd4603f5f21.jpg

 

Here is a snapshot of your video. These are the worms, red arrow. These look like Detritus worms. You can google it to see how people get rid of them. Gravel vac is the safest, but from experience, gravel vac will never get rid of all of them. They are harmless, and live in the substrate eating waste. They start floating in the water when there are too many in the substrate.

But what is all that white stuff floating around, blue arrow? These don't look like they move. And it doesn't look like air bubbles. Ciliate protozoa might be it, if it's not flakes of food that you have added to the tank.

My fish fry would love some of that.

 

Yes  the reds ones are  Detritus worms.

  No    i saw them that they move ... i will try to get a better pics... 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sdlTBfanUK

Do you think they may be some type of seed shrimps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swUhkmDea4E

I only saw the detritus worms on the glass initially and thought the rest was small air bubbles, my bad! The small things don't look like worms as others have said?

I doubt they are harmful but just spoil the look of the tank! As JayC suggestion, I would stick a coupe of neon tetras in the tank and see if they eat them?

Simon

Edited by sdlTBfanUK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blue Ridge

Until the blow up with the arrow, I assumed these were all copepods. Now I see some detritus worms mixed in. Pods are a good thing, in my book. At worst, they signal a healthy environment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nicpapa
7 hours ago, sdlTBfanUK said:

Do you think they may be some type of seed shrimps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swUhkmDea4E

I only saw the detritus worms on the glass initially and thought the rest was small air bubbles, my bad! The small things don't look like worms as others have said?

I doubt they are harmful but just spoil the look of the tank! As JayC suggestion, I would stick a coupe of neon tetras in the tank and see if they eat them?

Simon

No those are black , those i am sure that is worms... i saw them with magnify glass move slowly...

I can add tetras in there tank has lot of babies of taiwan pintos shrimps.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nicpapa

I take 2 videos camera canot focus closer...

You can see them go left and righ ... but very slowly , filters are off

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...