Automatic/adjustable aquarium heater

Chiquarius

Greetings shrimpkeepers,

I have a 10 gallon tank in my basement. It gets very cool down there, especially in the winter. Right now the tank is unheated. I have some neos in there that seem to be doing alright. I would like to heat the tank but not have to constantly adjust for temperature fluctuations. 

Can anyone recommend any automatic/adjustable aquarium heaters that will adjust as needed to a preset temperature?

If so, please let me know.

• Like 1

there are plenty online and amazon, just search for aquarium thermostat heater, also you can search for a temperature controller, it also doubles as protection. the heater connect to the controller and power will turn off/on according to your setting.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32847930414.html?spm=2114.13010708.0.0.3a994c4dC7Ca7o

Edited by kms
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Chiquarius said:

automatic/adjustable aquarium heaters

Most aquarium heaters have a built in thermostat, that will heat when the temp drops 1degree below the set temp and stop heating when the temps hit 1 degree above the set temp. So get one from Eheim, Fluval, Aqua One, Aquael, Hydor, to name a few brands.

Eheim Jager Heater 25w suitable for fresh or saltwater aquariums 20-25 Litre

https://www.thetechden.com.au/Eheim_Jager_Heater_25w_p/jg3611.htm

or 

https://www.amazon.com/Fluval-Submersible-Glass-Aquarium-Heater/dp/B0027VMPXA/ref=lp_19171761011_1_23?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1568762295&sr=1-23 

Depending on where you are from.

A temperature controller like the one kms posted is good as a backup protection for the built in thermostat in cheap aquarium heaters. And it can be used on heaters that do not have built in thermostats.

Just make sure you buy one that is a suitable size for your tank. A 25W or 50W will be enough.

Edited by jayc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Agree on what jayc said, it's best to get a branded one for reliablitity, but even branded one do have a differences in temperature, +- .5 to 1 degree celcius which is normal.

• Like 1

I use cheap no name brand heaters now. I use them with my Inkbird temp controller, so I don't have to worry about the heater failing. ✌️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Usually temperatures in cellars are pretty constant (if it is underground)?

I can confirm that even branded heaters can cook the shrimp (learnt that the hard way), it happened to me so a controller is a good idea. If you are that bothered about the temperature being the same and the cellar does fluctuate a lot you may also need a cooler, depending on where you are based? 

Simon