Ebay Chillers?

ShrimpDesigns

Anyone had experiences with theses?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AU-220V-100W-Fish-Tank-Shrimp-Aquarium-Water-Chiller-Cooling-Cooler-Fan-Machine/332859999842?hash=item4d80008662:g:vwsAAOSwgYdb2L7s

They appear to just be peltier chillers but premade and nicely boxed up. Any info on them would be awesome.

Cheers!

Louis

9 hours ago, ShrimpDesigns said:

appear to just be peltier chillers but premade and nicely boxed up. Any info on them would be awesome.

That's exactly what it is. Only for very small, nano tanks up to 20L. I would use it for tanks bigger than that.

3 hours ago, ShrimpDesigns said:

Damn, nothing special then.

Nah. You might as well put the cost of this to a real chiller. Or a 2nd hand one.

It will probably cheaper to DIY, those only look good because it has a case/enclose, and the peltier they give you is probably the bare minimum, usual the 12703-12706.

I have two, and it works well with a 16L tank, but the cooler must connect to a 12V water pump, if you connect to a canister output it's too weak.

I'm test a few, and the best is DIY, with 2-3 C1208, 12709 or LBS12706A peltier, and you need a industrial power supply, they computer type power supply will burn out after a few months, peltier only works well, if it the heat side can cool down faster.

My setup is 2, will test with 3 C1208 peltier soon, a copper water block and a blue water block, the silver water block are crap, a PC radiator with a 120mm fan, better if you can 240mm radiator (2 120mm fan), copper water block to connect the radiator to the heat side, blue water block to the cool side ( copper cannot be used for shrimps).