• Similar Content

• KeenShrimp
      By KeenShrimp
      I have been trailing this product for about 8 months now:
      Ingredients: Lactic acid bacteria, crustaceans calcium, reduced maltose, mulberry powder, yeast

I cannot argue with the fact that it increases my berried ratio among females after feeding. I sceptically attributed it to the protein component only initially, but trialling one tank on protein- high Ebita Breed Hinomaro bentou and another tank on B18, I still find B18 has a more pronounced effect on fertility.
      Whether it is potentially the Lactic Acid Bacteria strain used, the highly absorbable form of calcium used, the digestability of the yeast protein or a combination of all above, it appears to work.
      Dosage: Once a week, small amount.

Highlights:
      - very little is used, so it lasts a long time as it is very concentrated.
      - the shrimp are attracted to the food supplement when put in the tank.
      - it completely breaks apart into a fine particle mush so that all shrimp can have a bite of the small portion dosed
      - it indeed does increase berried rate

Concerns:
      - not available for purchase in Australia yet. Available in Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong.
      - possible water contamination potential if too much is dosed in nano tank.

????/5 Shrimp Tails

• Baccus
      By Baccus
      So I was sticky beaking in my native tank and spied most if not all my girls are berried , so here's hoping that shortly not only will I have the notopala babies growing up nicely but also a few generations of various native shrimp.
      Blackmore I think

Easy to identify Chameleon

Also easy to ID Darwin Rednose

and another

And this really full girl that is either a DAS or a local creek shrimp that might in all honesty could be anything

• Grubs
      By Grubs
      The pump flow jets into the corner of the tank and bounces the flow back out across the semi-circle of pebbles which provide "hang-on" spots for the shrimp. Not surprisingly this was set up to also give maximum viewing potential for me :D
      Feeding (infrequently) a mix of Sera micron powder, brine shrimp nauplii, and milk paramecium that I culture as fry food (I strain out the big ones on 50µm mesh).
      I also drop bits of mulberry leaf into the tank every now and then.
      I've found reproduction to be very seasonal.  In the 18 months I've had them this is only the second time I've had berried females - last time was last summer.

• Paul Minett
      By Paul Minett
      Since the warmer weather the riffles are in gear and starting to breed.

• Must Read SKF Articles

• Join Our Community!

Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

• incomplet
      Hey everyone from SKF,  I'm a long time lurker; but recently have gotten back into the shrimp keeping hobby in the past 12 months. I'm after any constructive advice to help guide me in the right direction. I've kept some blue bolts in a 1 foot cube which has been somewhat successful; however due to an ongoing infestation of numerous hitch-hikers. I've decided to start again. There are some amphipods which are now breeding quite rapidly. Some worms which are swimming around in the aquarium, planaria which i've tried to keep at bay with No Planaria (the product doesn't work after only been used once or twice in 6 months, worked wonders the first time around). I'm planning to fish out the blue bolts and acclimatize them into a bigger tank whilst i restart the tank. I'm after any advice to see what is the best way to restart; my plans so far are as listed. 1) Remove Blue bolts and place in another tank 2) Siphon out all the gravel and bin it 3) Toss the media in the HOB; leave sponge filter in aquarium 4) Run the filter system for 1 week with a mix of bleach and water to fully rid of all the problems 5) Drain the tank and then place some new ADA soil into the base of the aquarium 6) Fill the tank with RO and seachem prime for another week 7) Empty tank and fill with RO remineralised with Salty Shrimp, new media in the HOB, sponge filter to remain the same. 8 ) undertake a 4-6 week fishless cycle   9) Reintroduce 20% of the BB colony; wait 2 weeks 10) If all is well reintroduce the other 80% after. Thinking it will take 6-8 weeks before i can start again. Thoughts?
    • incomplet
      I have used this product for the past 2 months with some good results with my blue bolts, there has been higher success rate with the shrimplets and in my opinion the survival rates are higher than they were previously. I've put in an order for some more to keep me going; i was first introduced to the product in an interview i read with Glenn Ng and decided to try the product myself. I use the recommended dosage once a day might skip a few days here and there, stronger hues in the blue from my juvenile BB's.  
    • DEL 707
      I managed to buy some kind of filter replacement kit at my LFS. Handy thing was that it come with a grill, so I just cut it to shape and shoved it in. Love the lil guys. Was thinking of giving it another week, then maybe ordering some cheery and amano shrimp from Pro-Shrimp. None of my LFS sell amano unfortunately.
    • Steensj2004
      Hmmmm, I might not risk it until the population explodes a bit more
    • sdlTBfanUK
      There is always a risk with fish but most think they are 90% safe with Pygmy Cory and will just eat the odd baby shrimp accidentally!  Simon