SKFAquatics Monthly Digest 27 August 2019

skfadmin

SKF newsletter is full of great new posts this month! We welcome all our new shrimp keepers! 

Sponsored By: TropicalFish.io - https://tropicalfish.io 

Popular Posts

use of two different soil in taiwan bee aquarium -akadama and benibachi-
Mossvetica
first of all I'm sorry for my bad english. I use translation. Soon I will build 40-liter Taiwan bee aquariums. I think to use 4 liters of akadama under gravel filter and 1 liter benibachi o…
12 comments

Shrimp Dying, No Idea why
Steensj2004
Been keeping aquariums for years, including coral reef tanks(SPS heavy), tropical community tanks, and a few shrimp tanks. Recently set up a Spec v( 3 months ago). Started adding shrimp and they ke…
68 comments

Aura Blue and Calceo Bee
JonRon
Has anyone ever tried breeding These two Shrimp together? Would anyone have a Suggestion on what the crossbreed could possibly look like?    
5 comments

Question about shrimp eggs
FancyBubbles
I recently got some shrimp, as mentioned on my first post. But I'll explain it here. The shrimp were just for extra cleaners for my betta tank. 3 of the shrimp got their eyes eaten by my betta, so …
3 comments

Benibachi Planaria Zero safe with Sulas?
NoGi
Anyone here tried Benibachi Planaria Zero in their Sula tanks?
6 comments

How to get long-term tank stability?
beanbag
Hello folks, I had a problem a few weeks back with over-feeding-related water pollution.  The nitrates were rising above 10ppm, the shrimp were getting inactive, but at least I had a bunch of a…
7 comments

Question about shrimp tank set up
FancyBubbles
On Saturday I wanted 8 ghost shrimp for my betta (he's in a 12 gallon). Mostly for extra cleaner, while also expecting the my betta trying to eat them. After one night, he ate out the eyeballs of 3…
6 comments

Help with disease identification - Rocket Killie and Endler
Crabclaw
Hey guys, I noticed a couple of days ago that one of my female rocket killies has some sort of disease or injury on her side, and I have no experience with fish diseases at all, so can I get some h…
18 comments

Disaster has struck
sdlTBfanUK
When I fed my shrimps on saturday I counted 80 and yesterday all appeared well also. This morning all I can see is dead bodies with a reddish colour shell to the head area.............. I assum…
9 comments

Breeders n Keepers back issues
Blue Ridge
Does anyone know if these are in print anywhere? They don't seem to print nearly enough copies to meet demand, issue after issue sells out and is gone forever.
6 comments

Latest Forum Posts

Question about shrimp tank set up
FancyBubbles
On Saturday I wanted 8 ghost shrimp for my betta (he's in a 12 gallon). Mostly for extra cleaner, while also expecting the my betta trying to eat them. After one night, he ate out the eyeballs of 3…
6 comments

Breeders n Keepers back issues
Blue Ridge
Does anyone know if these are in print anywhere? They don't seem to print nearly enough copies to meet demand, issue after issue sells out and is gone forever.
6 comments

Settings disabled?
Blue Ridge
I was wanting to change my settings so that I do not get an email alert every time there's a reply or reaction to a post. Is this something that is disabled for new members?
5 comments

Oak leaves and how I use them in shrimp tanks
Blue Ridge
Posted this on another forum but thought it might be of some use here. For the first few years of shrimp keeping I bought many shrimp-specific items that I no longer see any need for. Among these a…
6 comments

Help with disease identification - Rocket Killie and Endler
Crabclaw
Hey guys, I noticed a couple of days ago that one of my female rocket killies has some sort of disease or injury on her side, and I have no experience with fish diseases at all, so can I get some h…
18 comments

Is this male or female shrimp?
Goshio22
Im having a hard time trying to figure the gender of my shrimp.. so i know that virgin females is usually more skinnier than your usual large females..  My shrimp are mostly average grade fire …
3 comments

BUYING SHRIMP - SHOP OR MAIL ORDER
sdlTBfanUK
This is a topic which has been discussed at length in this house over the years between friends and I but would appreciate any feedback from others. Is it better to buy from a fish/aquarium sho…
8 comments

Shrimp Dying, No Idea why
Steensj2004
Been keeping aquariums for years, including coral reef tanks(SPS heavy), tropical community tanks, and a few shrimp tanks. Recently set up a Spec v( 3 months ago). Started adding shrimp and they ke…
68 comments

use of two different soil in taiwan bee aquarium -akadama and benibachi-
Mossvetica
first of all I'm sorry for my bad english. I use translation. Soon I will build 40-liter Taiwan bee aquariums. I think to use 4 liters of akadama under gravel filter and 1 liter benibachi o…
12 comments

Amarinus Laevis with Shrimp?
Crabclaw
Hey guys, I’m really wanting to get freshwater crabs, and the only ones I’ve found are A. Lacustris and A. Laevis. I can only put them in a 110 L community tank for now, but may have another option…
4 comments

Amarinus Laevis with Shrimp?
Crabclaw
Hey guys, I’m really wanting to get freshwater crabs, and the only ones I’ve found are A. Lacustris and A. Laevis. I can only put them in a 110 L community tank for now, but may have another option…
1 comments

Are there any good RCS stores in sydney
YoloDaBolo
hi idk what to type here
1 comments

Help sexing my shrimp
Newday
I'm never any good at it unless there's an obvious saddle. I lost two and I'm afraid all the rest are females. A shame, because I really wanted them to breed. There are file size restrictions, …
7 comments

Constant red cherry shrimp deaths
bristlenose
Hi, I've kept Red cherry shrimp for at least 3 years. I've never had a problem with them. I used to keep my shrimp in 500l tank but i got careless while buying plants and introduced planaria into m…
7 comments

Seeding a New Filter
ricksza
I currently have a 10 gallon divided tank for my Sakura and Blue Dreams. I'm starting to get all the equipment to upgrade to larger individual tanks. My question is, I'm currently seeding new dual …
10 comments

hello everyone
BruSHogG
I am new here as well, just wanted to share 1 of my three planted tanks. Has been set up for almost a year now.  Sent from my SM-G965U using Shrimp Keepers Forum mobile app  
5 comments

Thanks and talk to you soon!
Cesar
SKFAquatics.com
Owner/Admin

P.S. Feel free to send me a PM or email if you have any suggestions, concerns or questions.

You can unsubscribe by clicking on: Unsubscribe