Blue Ridge

Breeders n Keepers back issues

Blue Ridge

Does anyone know if these are in print anywhere? They don't seem to print nearly enough copies to meet demand, issue after issue sells out and is gone forever.

sdlTBfanUK

Have you actually seen one of these? I got one and it had great pictures but it isn't really about anything in particular and I binned the one I got as apart from the great photos there was nothing really of interest just bits and pieces about 'breeders n keepers', so I couldn't complain as that was what it was called. I wanted a book about all aspects of keeping shrimps and this wasn't that. I believe one f the experts has written a book and I wish I bought it when I saw it on my suppliers website as it has also gone now.

I recommend seeing one before buying though as it MAY not be what you want/think it is????

Simon

• Like 1

Blue Ridge

I got their Wild Shrimp China edition and loved it. It has amazing photos of wild-collecting many species currently in the hobby (as Chris L is known for) but also has water parameters, temps and such at each collection location. I haven't been able to actually get my hands on a B&K, but had high hopes.

• Like 1

sdlTBfanUK

The breeders and keepers also has some fantastic photos but not much else if my memory serves well enough, I can't check as I threw it out!

I think the book I wanted may have been by Chris as well but was supposed to cover everything on shrimps and crabs. Definitely one of those 'you should buy it when you see it' moments as have wondered ever since?

ProShrimp has the 3rd one and I expect they would send to USA?

https://www.pro-shrimp.co.uk/magazines-books/448-breeders-n-keepers-volume-3.html

Simon

sdlTBfanUK

You can get them on amazon and ebay, overpriced though!

https://www.amazon.com/Chris-Lukhaup/e/B00QWELEW6?ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_54&qid=1566551215&sr=1-54

Interestingly the feedback on the 1st one was pretty much the same as I thought and said.

Found the book I wanted so I appreciate you reminding me!

https://www.amazon.com/Invertebrates-Shrimp-Crayfish-Freshwater-Aquaria/dp/3944821068/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=shrimp&qid=1566551536&s=books&sr=1-6

Simon

sdlTBfanUK
2 hours ago, sdlTBfanUK said:

You can get them on amazon and ebay, overpriced though!

https://www.amazon.com/Chris-Lukhaup/e/B00QWELEW6?ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_54&qid=1566551215&sr=1-54

Interestingly the feedback on the 1st one was pretty much the same as I thought and said.

Found the book I wanted so I appreciate you reminding me!

https://www.amazon.com/Invertebrates-Shrimp-Crayfish-Freshwater-Aquaria/dp/3944821068/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=shrimp&qid=1566551536&s=books&sr=1-6

Simon

I have ordered the above book I wanted, woohoo!!!

Simon

• Like 1