Help with disease identification - Rocket Killie and Endler

Crabby

Ooh I just found a sand that looks almost perfect, it even comes in the right package size for my tank.

https://www.aquaticsupplies.com.au/products/pisces-iron-sand

It’s another Pisces & Oliver Knott creation; AquaIron.

Says it doesn’t alter the KH/GH/pH/TDS etc. Only problem is it says it should not be added to established tanks due to... cloudiness?? What do u think about this one? 
Thanks again for your guys’ help!

Edited by Crabclaw
Clarification

Oh no it’s magnetic... could be a problem with my magnet cleaner. Although, depending on the attraction I could just use the mag cleaner for the top 3/4 of the tank and get a scraper or something for the bottom.

19 hours ago, Crabclaw said:

It’s another Pisces & Oliver Knott creation; AquaIron.

I have not experience with AquaIron. Give it a try and test it before adding it into the tank.

19 hours ago, Crabclaw said:

Only problem is it says it should not be added to established tanks due to... cloudiness??

Wash it before adding it to the tank. That should help minimise the cloudiness.

• Like 1

It says not to wash it... but I will anyway. Thanks jayc!

Any things I should keep in mind when I switch the substrate, whether it be in terms of my livestock, plants, driftwood or the tank + substrates??

25 minutes ago, Crabclaw said:

It says not to wash it

Yes I know, but if you want to avoid the cloudiness, then don't listen to the instructions. ?

There is no right way or wrong way to switch substrate. Just do it the most efficient way you can manage.

For some, it's catching everything and draining the tank. For others, it's scooping out the old gravel as much as possible and replacing it with new gravel slowly without crushing/burying the little shrimps. 

I usually catch the shrimp, drain the tank, and replace the substrate. Either way be prepared for a long process.

• Like 1

Yep. I’ve got 37 combined fish and shrimp to catch in a giant planted tank... YAY!!! Thanks guys so much for your help. I’ll update back once done.

5 minutes ago, Crabclaw said:

I’ve got 37 combined fish and shrimp to catch in a giant planted tank... YAY!!!

?

That's not too bad actually. I had to do a tank that had hundreds once!! It had little shrimplets in it too. Those little ones were the hardest to catch. Never again.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Endlers are thriving, so I assume it was just a little graze, not a disease, but I lost all my rockets unfortunately. Doing my substrate fix on cup day hopefully.

• Sad 1

Oh that’s a bummer. 

Sometimes annulatus don’t settle well initially. 
Hope you get them again. 

Yeah I loved them. Once I know my tank is sorted I'll grab some.