Sign in to follow this  
Aradene

Welcome Aradene

Aradene

Shrimp Keepers Forum welcomes Aradene.

Please feel free to browse around and get to know others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

View Member

regards,
skfadmin

Aradene

Hi, I'm Aradene and based in Australia. 

I kept guppies and other live breeders for many years as a teen until Black Saturday killed all my tanks, and thus abandoned my hobby. Until a few months ago when a friend gave me one of her old shrimp tanks after years of my admiring them. So now I'm remembering where all my money from my first job went as I dust off the old tanks and make plans to set up more. 

Currently I'm trying to learn about aquascaping (and why it never worked in my old tanks) and over the moon with my 10 blue dream shrimp in a small 50ltr tank. This weekend I'm hoping to buy a 3ft one to start my aquascaping adventure and put what I've learned into practice by we shall see what happens next.

• Like 1

sdlTBfanUK

Welcome!

Are you planning to keep shrimps in the large aquascape tank in addition to the 50L or are you going to close that old one down. I assume you are planning on using so if you are getting into aquascaping and I use that in my tanks whether they hold cherry shrimp (what you have) or Bee shrimps. The soil will make the water perfect for bee shrimps but cherry shrimps are much tougher and adaptable than bee shrimp so as long as you slowly acclimatise over a long period you shouldn't have any problems. In fact I dumped a load of culls into a new tank thinking they would be eaten by the fish and they survived with  no acclimatising (not even temperature matching) into a tank with a lower PH than is ideal due to new soil substrate, I am not recommending this though

Hope it all goes well and hopefully we may see some photos soon!

Simon

• Like 1

jayc

Welcome @Aradene. Sounds like you are in for some fun adventures soon.

Keep us in the loop and maybe we can help you avoid some traps / pit falls.

• Like 2

Aradene

Thank you!

We're actually pretty lucky here in Melbourne that our water has a naturally low PH and is really soft, so I'm hoping by the time I have the new tank set up and cycled I'll be able to get something a little more exotic (I really like the orange eyed tiger shrimp) but haven't really set my heart in any one direction yet. Knowing my history I'll end up with several tanks on the go and panic when it comes time to move. 

• Like 1

Sacrilicious

Hi Welcome!!! 🙂