Amarinus Laevis Care and Breeding

Linden

• 2 months later...

Hi all! Newbie here.

I hope I haven't revived a dead thread or any thing annoying.

Linden this is aimed at you I guess because of your expertise. I recently bought 13 crabs off Gumtree (could be all bs). Claimed to be 3 males, 10 females. 

Haven't received them yet but I am expecting them in the next few days. I will be housing them in a 3 foot tank, has great big rocks and plants. Half sand, half small 5-10mm river rock. Canister filter with a stocking cover and a big air pump. 

They will be on their own. For the moment. I will be adding other peaceful inhabitants. Nothing predatory or aggressive. No exceptions. 

I have the food stuffs you've suggested. Is there anything else that you might suggest. Anything at all I may regret for not including or feeding them?

Any help greatly appreciated ???

Bam Bam

• Like 1

Hey sambam, good to hear more people getting into crabs! I’m not sure if Linden has been particularly active lately, sent him a pm a while back with no response yet. Worth a go though. I think I may have been looking at the exact same crabs on gumtree, funnily enough. Interested to hear how you go.

• Like 2

Hey Crabby 

Cheers for the reply. Got the little guys today. Many more than the guy said, but they really didn't travel well. Most of the poor little guys appear to have perished in transit. Maybe 3-4 have survived. They are pretty stressed out. One of them has done about 50 laps of the tank without pause, the other 3-4 are hiding. I hope they are ok. ? Poor little guys. Would have been horrible for them....

• Sad 2